Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bert Patrick RIP

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The man who all but invented the concept of the replica football kit, Bert Patrick has passed away. He was the 'inventor' of the Admiral football kit brand, went on to sell the concept to Leeds United and England in the first instances, and then became a global brand, and his products became top of the list on many a young boys Christmas list.

There are several books and a great documentary about his story, Get Shirty, well worth a watch for anyone who has an interest in these types of things.

RIP in Polyester Heaven.

importedImage150509_header.jpg

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
The man who all but invented the concept of the replica football kit, Bert Patrick has passed away. He was the 'inventor' of the Admiral football kit brand, went on to sell the concept to Leeds United and England in the first instances, and then became a global brand, and his products became top of the list on many a young boys Christmas list.

There are several books and a great documentary about his story, Get Shirty, well worth a watch for anyone who has an interest in these types of things.

RIP in Polyester Heaven.

View attachment 131446

I so wanted that England shirt when I was a nipper, my Mother duly obliged. Trouble was she purchased me a moody one from the racecourse market, for which I was mercilessly ribbed at school.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I hope I get an NSC RIP when I cop it.
Could happen.
The bar gets lower and lower, by the death.
RIP Bert.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I hope I get an NSC RIP when I cop it.
Could happen.
The bar gets lower and lower, by the death.
RIP Bert.

The man pretty much single handily responsible for the sublime, and shiny, the garish, and the outstanding look of football team and fans all over the world? I doubt it'll get as low as you.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The man pretty much single handily responsible for the sublime, and shiny, the garish, and the outstanding look of football team and fans all over the world? I doubt it'll get as low as you.

Ha ha. Good response, Just so you know, I love Patrick shirts, although I didn’t know his full name. I also just read Keegan’s book , whose face IS the brand. Good era.
You’ve got to admit there are a lot of RIPs though

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ha ha. Good response, Just so you know, I love Patrick shirts, although I didn’t know his full name. I also just read Keegan’s book , whose face IS the brand. Good era.

I think you're confusing Bert Patrick, of Admiral Sportswear with Patrice Beneteau who founded Patrick Sportswear in 1892 and is long gone.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I actually thought this the other day and wondered if we would ever get to having the first page full with only RIPs! I do hope not.

RIP Bert

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I actually thought this the other day and wondered if we would ever get to having the first page full with only RIPs! I do hope not.

RIP Bert

There is only one RIP on the first page, the next one is on page four, for a Country Music singer :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here