Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Repeated calls from National Appliance Cover

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Is anyone else receiving calls from this company? I started getting them this morning, telling me I took out a plan with them in 2018, two years free but with a £180 payment due for the remaining 3 years of the policy. This was for a TV I bought in 2015. I asked them to prove I signed up for such a thing and they told me replacement documents would cost £89 to send and the cancellation of the policy, which has a 40% discount by the way, would be more than the £180 required to be paid.

This company was initiated in March 2020, registered at an address which is used only for receiving mail (61 Bridge Street, Kington, HR5 3DJ), by a 24 year old woman who has a few other similar companies filed. A quick Google and review of the conversation on the Which message board reveals that many people are having these calls and everyone has a similar experience with the caller being rude, aggressive and threatening legal action if payment is not made.

They will not get a payment from me and I will happily face the consequences, if any!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No but we get a lot of 023 number calls which I keep blocking but the numbers just ring back an hour or two later with a slight variant on the last few digits. Pain in the preverbial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here