Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Wednesdat Whistle wetting warblings

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What will be required to survive a few hours on a Wet Winters evening watching 2 arse end premiership teams battle it out in an empty stadium.. . . .

I shall swing by either the Duke or Old Star for some fresh ale whilst stretching the dogs legs at tea time . . . . , Dark Star APA from the Duke . . . . not sure whats on @ the Old Star yet . .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just picked up a lovely mixture of Burning Sky , Unbarred and Small Batch Brewing from Middle Farm.... Mrs Q is going to hide them she says...

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Trying not to drink Mon to Fri, sod that not possible with BHA on, probably a couple of 7% Champions, oh the irony

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
beer-girl.pngbeer_PNG2371.png

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've got a Polka, Belgian Champagne Yeast Candy Cane Pale Ale 6% which sounds abysmal but you never know. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised by either the beer or the Albion performance, or both.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a bit early just now but it's unlikely I'll get through watching us sober.

The only booze I have in that is not to be "saved for Christmas" is some Jamshed Shiraz from Tesco at £6 a bottle. Goldstone1976 and Machiavelli should turn away from this horrific admission of a guilty pleasure right now, since I will lose every shred of respect I might have one had. This is a sweet, jammy red as per the title. It tastes as if they have shipped in the bloke from Ribena as head taster and tried to make a port. it is the least complex wine known to man, with the possible exception of that pink Zinfandel stuff that Dorises drink at barbeques. However, it needs no food, indeed pairing it with food is a crime punishable by two weeks in the stocks and a lifetime ban from Laithwaites. Furthermore it is "quaffable" meaning an entire bottle can be consumed during a 90 minutes football match without a second being needed to appreciate what is in one's mouth.

So I'll probably have that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

The only booze I have in that is not to be "saved for Christmas" is some Jamshed Shiraz from Tesco at £6 a bottle. Goldstone1976 and Machiavelli should turn away from this horrific admission of a guilty pleasure right now, since I will lose every shred of respect I might have one had. This is a sweet, jammy red as per the title. It tastes as if they have shipped in the bloke from Ribena as head taster and tried to make a port. it is the least complex wine known to man, with the possible exception of that pink Zinfandel stuff that Dorises drink at barbeques. However, it needs no food, indeed pairing it with food is a crime punishable by two weeks in the stocks and a lifetime ban from Laithwaites. Furthermore it is "quaffable" meaning an entire bottle can be consumed during a 90 minutes football match without a second being needed to appreciate what is in one's mouth.

:laugh:

I have a bottle of Waitrose Plonk di plonk Bordeaux, just in case. It's actually pretty good and in the £6 bracket! ( I'm no wine snob )

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

:facepalm:

The wine shown under my user name is now, and has always been, in the top 5 that I wanted to try. It's the only one I haven't. Maybe 2021 will be the year that I finally say "**** it, I'm buying one"?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Good thing about football is it's a great excuse to drink during the week.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I am halfway through a socially distanced (by several hundred miles) Burgundy en primeur tasting. I have 42 bottles of samples of 2019 Burgundies to taste. They are only 20cl each but I have to make notes...

Vinottes.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For some reason, when I got in from work I decided to finish building a stud wall ready for plastering. Found a few tins in the pantry . . . Quickly knocking up a thai curry and game on! C1BE566C-4AEB-4F75-BD68-D2B1D36FD2E5.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here