Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How much do you enjoy being in the Premier League?

How happy are you with the PL experience on a scale of 1-10

Votes: 9 3.0%

Votes: 10 3.4%

Votes: 26 8.7%

Votes: 36 12.1%

Votes: 34 11.4%

Votes: 47 15.8%

Votes: 56 18.8%

Votes: 30 10.1%

Votes: 20 6.7%

Votes: 30 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A few rumblings on other threads, so time for a definitive POLL.

How much are you loving the Premier League experience on a scale of 1-10. One being that you have given up watching or are about to due to the PL and 10 being that it is the best thing since a Peter Ward hattrick.

I am about a 3 I think. VAR, games you have little or no hope in and stupid kick off times have made the PL the thing I should have been careful I wished for. Diving, big team bias and some woeful punditry do not help either. I would personally be happy with a few seasons in the Championship. However, I understand fully this does not work for the club as an organisation and its owners and leaders. It's a totally personal preference, not a statement of ambition.

Do away with VAR and become a little more competitive, however, and I'm sure my vote would change to much more towards the top of the scale.

You?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
growing up it was always a big deal if Brighton got mentioned in a 3 line article in a tabloid so the exposure we now get still gives me a buzz

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Depends what you compare it with.

It's obviously not as fun as being at/near the top of the Championship.

But way better than being near the bottom of the Championship...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As long as there are always three shittier teams it's ok

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Pros
You get to see some of the best teams and best players in the world
More media coverage (is that a good thing?)
Bucket loads of money

Cons
We get beaten......a lot!
VAR is the worst thing ever to happen to the game
Lots more mongy fans
Even shit players cost a fortune
Fewer games
Horrific kick off times (appreciate that isn't a exclusive to PL)
Very few decent away days
Best we can ever hope for is a cup run

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Depends what you compare it with.

It's obviously not as fun as being at/near the top of the Championship.

But way better than being near the bottom of the Championship...

Hmmm.

You're right that the Sami season under him was wretched but I quite enjoyed seeing Hughton rescue it with some slow death bore draws and the odd win. My son's first away game was the win at Charlton. 3000 packed into the away end but no issue getting tickets if you wanted them, Saturday 3pm kick off and no endless replays in Heathrow to spoil Rohan Ince's winner and the mental celebrations behind the goal. Seems a long time ago.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The sheer joy of the Championship was generated by, yup, reaching the hallowed ground of the EPL. To those who would much prefer life in the Championship you clearly have to ask what their ideal season there would be. Just failing to make the play-offs? Being just edged out in the play-off semi-final? Or even the play-off final? Clearly anything other than being promoted back into the evil empire that is the EPL :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

(10 - pleased for TB on finances, a feeling of accomplishment in finally getting here, no promotion anxieties,
against;
5 - the relentless losses and failing to win at home, diving .... backed by refs/VAR ..... is on another stratosphere. Walking away from The Amex after a win has been an incredibly rare event pre-CV19, to my mind, isn't that what football's all about? A weekend set fair).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Sing if we're winning....
We only sing if we're winning....

:moo:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I miss the away days at lower league towns/grounds, somehow they were more enjoyable and friendly (in the more recent era say since Y2K).

Don't want to be relegated though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not that fussed about PL. preferred being in championship but we have to have ambition and drive or we flounder around as a family hobby team, which has it’s place but doesn’t bring in the money or the players.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

absolutely hate everything to do with the "EPL"

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
6 . . . . very frustrating, compounded by ridiculous officiating and VAR.

biggest bonus is being able to watch all the games regardless. this year, and this current season have to be viewed as survival because of Covid. Thereafter if we don't make any progress and establish as a mid table PL side I tihnk I'd rather we went down, as opposed to just makingh up the numbers and surviving a relegation battle, Top 10 championship is good football, no VAR, and getting tickets is easier, also the stakes are a bit lower so its easier to relax and enjoy the football. I ithink thats part of the PL problem, its not an enjoyable sport to watch, its stressful!

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
10. Seeing BHA reach the prem was a dream come true. To see us regularly competing with other teams in the division is incredible.

Though some seem to have forgotten, most of us remember where this once homeless club has come from. Now we compete in the most watched league in the world - it's a joy and a privilege.

But I can't deny that it would be even more enjoyable if VAR was reformed or scrapped.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is the only answer.

However, you could be married to the most kindly, witty, fragrent and avid partner and still go through a rough patch.

So I think a more instructive poll would be "How much would you rather be in the Championship (or lower) than in the Premier league?", with 0 being 'you're OK mate' and 10 being '**** me yes, and you can shove that Amex up your arse too. I want the Albion playing up at East Hill Park, with jumpers and dog shit for goal posts'

Perhaps someone might create a thread and poll?

Calling [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here