Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very interesting but makes me even more #teampotter :smile:

I look forward to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] input

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Thought this was in relation to when you slip while male grooming.

I mean how posts something football related on here these days anyway?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Very interesting but makes me even more #teampotter :smile:

I look forward to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] input

Of course they had more money than any other fourth tier team in Sweden, that was never a secret. Most teams in the fourth tier are 100% amateur teams with a part time manager, while ÖFK had a lot of semi-professional players with a full time manager. In the third tier it starts getting more professional.

You cant play in the 4th or 3rd tier in Sweden without bending the rules. Its impossible because of the costs of travel costs. There are different ways of doing it. A lot of clubs are in the match fixing business, others laundry money for gangs, some do what is essentially human trafficking.

Kindberg had his own ways, unfortunately for him a lot easier to discover as he is a shit criminal - speaking openly about shady things in emails and stuff.

It appears to me that they had little advantage of this money on the pitch once they hit the third division. Most of their signings were either:
- British players funded by the FA as part of their "Youth Experience Program" or whatever its called.
- Nike Academy players. They basically gave away players (chosen and scouted by Potter & co) with likely very low wages but got 75% if ÖFK managed to sell them.
- Players who where persona non grata everywhere else for various reasons.
- British players who had basically given up their careers but went to ÖFK's trial sessions in the UK and also thought "why make £35000 a year as a carpenter in the UK while paying £20000 in rent when, if this fails, I could earn £100k a year as a miner while only paying £1500k in rent?" - which is the main reason there's hundreds of old League Two/National League players in Northern Sweden.

When they sold Moon to Djurgården, Accam to Helsingborg and Barrow to Swansea they snowballed upon that.

Its not like they spent gigantic numbers on buying players that were superior to everyone else. Their team that took them to the win at Emirates had a guy signed from Evesham United, a former carpenter from Thornaby and a striker from Tadcaster United. some reject from Exeter mixed with a bunch of Swedish guys found in lower divisions and on benches around the country. Best player of the team was a midfielder they found in ****ing Greenock Morton... and they beat Galatasaray, PAOK and Arsenal with that team, as well as surviving a group with Hertha Berlin and Athletic Bilbao.

Kindbergs didnt create some unbeatable superteam, they just made it possible to do it, likely mainly paying for travel costs, staff wages and the improvements on the training ground.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Of course they had more money than any other fourth tier team in Sweden, that was never a secret. Most teams in the fourth tier are 100% amateur teams with a part time manager, while ÖFK had a lot of semi-professional players with a full time manager. In the third tier it starts getting more professional.

You cant play in the 4th or 3rd tier in Sweden without bending the rules. Its impossible because of the costs of travel costs. There are different ways of doing it. A lot of clubs are in the match fixing business, others laundry money for gangs, some do what is essentially human trafficking.

Kindberg had his own ways, unfortunately for him a lot easier to discover as he is a shit criminal - speaking openly about shady things in emails and stuff.

It appears to me that they had little advantage of this money on the pitch once they hit the third division. Most of their signings were either:
- British players funded by the FA as part of their "Youth Experience Program" or whatever its called.
- Nike Academy players. They basically gave away players (chosen and scouted by Potter & co) with likely very low wages but got 75% if ÖFK managed to sell them.
- Players who where persona non grata everywhere else for various reasons.
- British players who had basically given up their careers but went to ÖFK's trial sessions in the UK and also thought "why make £35000 a year as a carpenter in the UK while paying £20000 in rent when, if this fails, I could earn £100k a year as a miner while only paying £1500k in rent?" - which is the main reason there's hundreds of old League Two/National League players in Northern Sweden.

When they sold Moon to Djurgården, Accam to Helsingborg and Barrow to Swansea they snowballed upon that.

Its not like they spent gigantic numbers on buying players that were superior to everyone else. Their team that took them to the win at Emirates had a guy signed from Evesham United, a former carpenter from Thornaby and a striker from Tadcaster United. some reject from Exeter mixed with a bunch of Swedish guys found in lower divisions and on benches around the country. Best player of the team was a midfielder they found in ****ing Greenock Morton... and they beat Galatasaray, PAOK and Arsenal with that team, as well as surviving a group with Hertha Berlin and Athletic Bilbao.

Kindbergs didnt create some unbeatable superteam, they just made it possible to do it, likely mainly paying for travel costs, staff wages and the improvements on the training ground.
Thanks very much for all the info. I obviously can't be 100% sure about the accuracy but it doesn't contradict what has been observable about Graham Potter at Brighton.

(So-called Albion "supporters" who react massively negatively everytime we don't win a PL match seem quite stupid to me.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here