Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Greengrocers

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Over the last few months I think the range and quality of my greengrocers has gone downhill a bit. Can anyone recommend a good greengrocers in Brighton/Hove etc ?

Thanks

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
We normally use these and would recommend both

Fiveways fruits on Fiveways
The Fruit shop in open market [based on the London road side of open market next to Jason's egg shop],

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vote here for either of the fruit n veg stalls at the Open Market. Both are excellent. Not used Tropical 4 You, just outside the London Road entrance to the market, mainly on account of the name I suspect, because the display outside the shop is pretty inticing. Will rectify my glaring ommision earlydoors in New Year. PAMIR Grocery at Preston Circus is also well worth checking out.

I'd thoroughly recommend a wander that includes a visit to all four of the above

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ricci's in Kemptown.

As above, Rushfields is really good. Worth noting Fiveways Fruits do deliver if you can't get there. Really good shop.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Vote here for either of the fruit n veg stalls at the Open Market. Both are excellent. Not used Tropical 4 You, just outside the London Road entrance to the market, mainly on account of the name I suspect, because the display outside the shop is pretty inticing. Will rectify my glaring ommision earlydoors in New Year. PAMIR Grocery at Preston Circus is also well worth checking out.

I'd thoroughly recommend a wander that includes a visit to all four of the above

Whilst there WZ ought to check out the fabulous Baker Street too!

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Another vote for Fiveways Fruits. Consistently excellent quality and very good service.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Word is Fiveways Fruits were ready to go on a Southwick store but the landlord raised the rent price on them so it fell through, which is a shame.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I always go to the fella at the top of George St in Hove. Happy with the selection and price. Even happier to buy fruit and veg, not wrapped in a tonne of plastic

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Greengrocers do seem to be making a bit of a comeback now, the difference is that you don't see them in the high streets in such numbers anymore.

Many have opened up as Farm Shops, or in Garden Centres, in general the prices have increased a litlle, and the quality massively. Much the same can be said for butchers.

I'm a big fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here