Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship top 3

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is this not a first as normally at least one if not two of the relegated teams implodes?

Yes, if they keep it up. On average you get one team bouncing back, one in mid table and one struggling to avoid double relegation as they're burdened by failed signings on big wages.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Bournemouth transferred 18 players out.

They have brought a couple of people in as well - but Bournemouth have been the most impressive. Its debatable if they can keep it up for the season and if they were to be promoted I could see them going straight back down because they don't have that many players left of PL standard. I think Norwich would stand a decent chance of staying up because they have a squad they can build on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Until I read this, I had no idea he was still playing, never mind Championship football. Does be play all match or just come on for the last 15 minutes?

Lewis Cook is only 23.

Were you thinking of Steve Cook? He is the same age as Dunk.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Lewis Cook is only 23.

Were you thinking of Steve Cook? He is the same age as Dunk.

30613319_800_800.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So Norwich and Watford are pretty much up now and Bournemouth are 6th and the form team outside of that top 2. Looking quite likely all 3 will be going back up.

With 2 of last season’s promoted sides and one of the sides promoted the previous season likely to go down, the gap does seem to be getting wider.

With those three coming up, I’d also be very confident of us staying up next season before it even starts. Can’t see any of them doing a Leeds or Wolves.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Parachute monies can be telling. No wonder the EFL recently wanted to moderate the advantage.

Yep.

And whilst I was one of those who believed it was the correct decision to let Hughton go when we did, massive credit must go to him for keeping us up those two seasons and giving us a solid base to build on that Fulham, West Brom, Sheff Utd, Norwich etc haven’t got.

Keeping us up those first 2 seasons was a greater achievement that promotion IMO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep.

And whilst I was one of those who believed it was the correct decision to let Hughton go when we did, massive credit must go to him for keeping us up those two seasons and giving us a solid base to build on that Fulham, West Brom, Sheff Utd, Norwich etc haven’t got.

Keeping us up those first 2 seasons was a greater achievement that promotion IMO.

No one should underestimate that. Three seasons of £100m plus in broadcasting income for the club and a springboard for our EPL future.

In August 2017 I looked at our first EPL fixture list and thought how the hell are we going to get circa 38 points? CH gradually took away that fear factor for the players and us.

He took over Forest in deep poo, following a very long list of ex-managers, a few months later they sit safe in 15th. I hope he’s treated with respect by that owner, keeps the job and is given a decent budget this summer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No one should underestimate that. Three seasons of £100m plus in broadcasting income for the club and a springboard for our EPL future.

In August 2017 I looked at our first EPL fixture list and thought how the hell are we going to get circa 38 points? CH gradually took away that fear factor for the players and us.

He took over Forest in deep poo, following a very long list of ex-managers, a few months later they sit safe in 15th. I hope he’s treated with respect by that owner, keeps the job and is given a decent budget this summer.
Yes it’s gets on my wick when a few only remember CH for losses against Bmuff and Cardiff and use it as stick to beat him with. I have to laugh GP has an all round better squad and yet the results are pretty much identical :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes it’s gets on my wick when a few only remember CH for losses against Bmuff and Cardiff and use it as stick to beat him with. I have to laugh GP has an all round better squad and yet the results are pretty much identical :shrug:

I like CH and GP .... is that allowed on the binary world of NSC?

What gets on my wick is that a few posters were clearly hoping that he failed at Forest. Ungrateful and WTF.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I like CH and GP .... is that allowed on the binary world of NSC?

What gets on my wick is that a few posters were clearly hoping that he failed at Forest. Ungrateful and WTF.

I don’t understand how anyone could dislike CH. A brilliant manager in his own way and as importantly a brilliant human being. Definition of class.

Just from watching Forest’s results it appears he’s made them more resilient already and if given time, I have no doubt he will get them promoted.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Even Forest supporters were giving him grief in January...I see his first part season there as similar to what he had here ..organising and keeping them up and then as you say being backed (I hope) in the summer so they can mount a challenge.
Would love to see him back at the Amex in the PL, leading the opposition out and hopefully given some loud applause in thanks for what he did

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

I can't remember when CH took over

But,last 20 games played

Forest would be 8th

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Even Forest supporters were giving him grief in January...I see his first part season there as similar to what he had here ..organising and keeping them up and then as you say being backed (I hope) in the summer so they can mount a challenge.
Would love to see him back at the Amex in the PL, leading the opposition out and hopefully given some loud applause in thanks for what he did

And then his team losing 6-0 to the established and just better Premier League Albion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here