Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Amazon Prime now available on SkyQ

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I thought this was worthy of a thread of its own in case anyone was unaware and wants to watch our game against Fulham on Sky.

I've just spotted ChaileyJem's message hidden in the Fulham thread:

PS: if you have Sky - and are going to watch this game tomorrow night on Amazon Prime - then Sky launched their Prime app yesterday meaning you can now watch the match without faffing about with HDMI cables and laptops or USB sticks.

If you scroll to the Apps section of the SkyQ menu you'll find the Prime icon next the Netflix and BBCiPlayer icons

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Good news this.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I watched some of tonight's games via the Sky Q box. I've been very critical of Amazon as a viewing experience previously, in particular the amount of time behind 'live' it was.

Via the app on the Sky Q it was VASTLY improved, and almost totally eliminated this issue.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I thought this was worthy of a thread of its own in case anyone was unaware and wants to watch our game against Fulham on Sky.

PS: if you have Sky - and are going to watch this game tomorrow night on Amazon Prime - then Sky launched their Prime app yesterday meaning you can now watch the match without faffing about with HDMI cables and laptops or USB sticks.

If you scroll to the Apps section of the SkyQ menu you'll find the Prime icon next the Netflix and BBCiPlayer icons

Still not showing on mine. Not sure if it being an old telly is the issue.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for this, hadn’t realised. Been a bit crap on the Firestick and Smart TV but on the Q App it looks much better.........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watching Ryan fumble the ball into the net in UHD 4K....well. What a time to be alive. Made my Sunday night, I can tellya.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Really good news. Been trying to get my 84 year old mum to use Prime Video during lockdown but she’s struggled with the remotes - can just do it on Sky now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I watched some of tonight's games via the Sky Q box. I've been very critical of Amazon as a viewing experience previously, in particular the amount of time behind 'live' it was.

Via the app on the Sky Q it was VASTLY improved, and almost totally eliminated this issue.

Incredible the difference in time using Prime on the firestick.

3 of us watched on Sunday each using a firestick all in different locations (with a whatsapp video conversation going at the same time). 2 of us were within seconds of each other but the other was over 20 seconds ahead. He had to pause until we caught up so we could 'watch together'

We will find out tonight if this is any better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just need Apple TV on skyQ and my life will be complete.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, it’s on Virgin media too. We already have a Prime account but when I clicked on to on the Virgin menu it somehow charged me for joining :rant:.
Be careful pressing buttons out there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here