Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] The Darts

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Magic first session! The Bronzed Adonis destroyed by an emotional Brazillian, Wright being a knobend, as ever.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Tickets for this are normally like gold dust. Harder to get than an Arsenal at the Amex ticket. But over the past few weeks I have been bombarded with emails from the PDC offering me tickets. Tables for four available for most nights, including within a few rows of the front. Then last week they announced the tables were now being split and tables for two available. Obviously struggling to sell tickets. Guess no booze doesn't help.
Now, of course, BCD.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Tickets for this are normally like gold dust. Harder to get than an Arsenal at the Amex ticket. But over the past few weeks I have been bombarded with emails from the PDC offering me tickets. Tables for four available for most nights, including within a few rows of the front. Then last week they announced the tables were now being split and tables for two available. Obviously struggling to sell tickets. Guess no booze doesn't help.
Now, of course, BCD.

no fans from tonight , tier 3

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Now, of course, BCD.

I'm sure they were on the sauce last night?!? They were even SINGING and stuff :eek: Moot point now though of course. Personally, I yearn for the Circus Tavern days, it was proper then.

Yoda

English & European
I'm sure they were on the sauce last night?!? They were even SINGING and stuff :eek: Moot point now though of course. Personally, I yearn for the Circus Tavern days, it was proper then.

They were, saw a couple of pitchers on tables a few times the camera went to the crowd.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Brilliant to see a woman competing with men on a level playing field, no reason why a woman won't win one day.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Much better BCD without the morons doing the Toure song, chanting about their wealth and generally doing anything other than watching the darts. Give me a respectful BDO audience any day.

Yoda

English & European
Brilliant to see a woman competing with men on a level playing field, no reason why a woman won't win one day.

Lisa Ashton's been doing that all year. She won a tour card at Q-School back in January. Speaking of which, will be interesting to see how Barney does next month as he'll need to go through that as he's decided to come out of retirement.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Much better BCD without the morons doing the Toure song, chanting about their wealth and generally doing anything other than watching the darts. Give me a respectful BDO audience any day.

Its so frustrating because the PDC or a combined organisation with the PDC in charge is realistically the only way forward now. But you are right the BDO crowds are so much better. I've mentioned before on here, that in the last year of Phil Taylor's career, he was down at the Brighton Centre for the Premier League. During Taylor's game, which was probably the last opportunity people there would ever have to see the greatest player of all time, some guy in front of us dressed as Freddie Mercury, didn't look at the stage once. He just faced the back the of centre shouting stupid chants. What was the point of being there? The crowds really do make it a horrible experience, but unfortunately they are undoubtedly a big part of what has taken the game to another level in terms of prize money.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Lisa Ashton's been doing that all year. She won a tour card at Q-School back in January. Speaking of which, will be interesting to see how Barney does next month as he'll need to go through that as he's decided to come out of retirement.
Indeed, I suspect he will struggle....

Yoda

English & European
Indeed, I suspect he will struggle....

Even more so with there being two stages this year. A first round for those that do not have one going through to a 2nd round joining those who lose theirs at the end of this year.

Just been playing Among Us with one of the guys playing on Sunday lunchtime.:lolol: Got a bit chatty with him over the course of this pandemic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here