Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Bexhill United, Sussex Senior Cup 2nd Rd, training ground, tonight 7:30pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Albion take on Bexhill United at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre in the second round of the Sussex Senior Cup this evening at 7:30pm. Technically an U-23 fixture, it is extremely likely that it will be an U-18 side that is selected, probably coached on the night by Mark Beard.

How much coverage will this get from the club? Difficult to know; the FA Youth Cup tie against Woking last week received no publicity from Albion (it was only Woking who publicised the fact that there was a stream of the game available). Well, guess what - no indication from the Albion (yet) that there will be any live coverage or updates during the game, but Bexhill United seem to believe that there will be a live stream available:-

[TWEET]1338842518767755265[/TWEET]

It does seem somewhat bizarre that the club streams these games, and yet also doesn't publicise the fact to it's own supporters.

Anyway, team news to follow (or not, of course).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, the game has kicked-off (probably).

Absolutely no acknowledgement from the Albion social media sources that this game is even taking place.

If you are going to treat the competition with so little interest, why even bother to enter? :shrug:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For anyone wanting to know what is going on in the match, go and follow the Bexhill United FC twitter feed. They, at least, don't seem to be treating Sussex's premier cup competition with contempt.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Absolutely no acknowledgement from the Albion social media sources that this game is even taking place.

If you are going to treat the competition with so little interest, why even bother to enter? :shrug:

The match doesn't even appear to exist, as far as the Albion website is concerned. Pretty poor show - just how much does it really cost to have one camera and a commentator at the match and putting it up on MyAlbionTV? Or even, if they can't manage that, a meaningful text commentary (not like the usual ones on Matchday Centre, with a vague text every ten minutes or so)!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Spent 10 minutes trying to find Bexhill United on Twitter before discovering I'm blocked! How does that even happen?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

As I understand it the club are obligated to enter the local FA senior cup competition. BG could tell us all about this if he was still about as he had been involved with Sussex FA. Think we’d get fined or forfeited in some way if we fail to field a team. I’d guess the club would love not to have to enter given how little they think of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I haven't looked for a Bexhill score since, well ever actually, in fact I have only watched them play once, when Gus came an played a few years ago.

Aha, the old setting your sights higher statement, good choice.
Polegrove hardly the Amex :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here