Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] One of the girls from little mix goes citing mental health issues

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Firstly I apologise I don’t know the girls name as I’m not a fan of theirs .

However I do think it’s very good that she has publicly acknowledged her mental health issues .

Obviously it’s a lot easier for a pop star to walk away from a successful group ( no idea why ! ) once they presumably have several million pound in their bank account .

Presumably the door will be left open for her to return when and if she feels ready or the old cynic in me when her bank account starts to run down significantly.

But yes the mental health issue being flagged up is the best thing About this news

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What a disturbing post.

What is the correlation between mental health & bank balance?

Should people who have had mental health issues not go back to the job they once had?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

However I do think it’s very good that she has publicly acknowledged her mental health issues .

Obviously it’s a lot easier for a pop star to walk away from a successful group ( no idea why ! ) once they presumably have several million pound in their bank account .

Presumably the door will be left open for her to return when and if she feels ready or the old cynic in me when her bank account starts to run down significantly.

But yes the mental health issue being flagged up is the best thing About this news

Jesy Nelson

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What a disturbing post.

Should people who have had mental health issues not go back to the job they once had?

Not at all - obviously they should if they want and they can . The point I was trying to make which you seem to have missed completely is that it is far easier for someone in her position to quit as opposed to someone on an average salary who needs to bill the bills . But it is good that she highlighted her issues . There really isn’t anything disturbing about flagging this up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not at all - obviously they should if they want and they can . The point I was trying to make which you seem to have missed completely is that it is far easier for someone in her position to quit as opposed to someone on an average salary who needs to bill the bills . Is that clear enough for you .

Given she is self employed, so presumably doesn't have any company benefits or sick pay? My work will pay 6 months on full pay for mental health issues, but I don't think anyone that has leave for that reason is making an easy decision or is 'fortunate'

She actually did a documentary about her mental health issues in 2019 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07lsr4d you can watch it here

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Given she is self employed, so presumably doesn't have any company benefits or sick pay? My work will pay 6 months on full pay for mental health issues, but I don't think anyone that has leave for that reason is making an easy decision or is 'fortunate'

You are in my opinion very fortunate if you have millions of pounds in the bank as opposed to a decent employer giving you your average salary for 6 months - who pays the bills after 6 months remember me out if you still can’t return to work .

Having large amounts of wealth makes almost everything easier . You can make choices many other people can’t afford to do .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poor kid is probably struggling under the workload and the stress of having to look perfect,and be slim and beautiful at all times. I hope she gets the help and support she needs and can come back stronger and be a role model for others that are struggling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You are in my opinion very fortunate if you have millions of pounds in the bank as opposed to a decent employer giving you your average salary for 6 months - who pays the bills then .

Same as Tyson Fury and his mental health issues then.

Or same as Chris Hughton being sacked and having enough money to have 14 months of. :shrug:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Same as Tyson Fury and his mental health issues then.

Or same as Chris Hughton being sacked and having enough money to have 14 months of. :shrug:

To a point , CH didn’t cite mental health issues . Jesse is I think one of the first mainstream pop fluzzies to quit and highlight mental health issues .

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

This is the poor girl who has been trolled to pieces online because of her looks.

She's allowed to suffer mental health problems regardless of wealth, but I'm not sure what you're saying.

I agree it's good that how she's suffered has been pointed out to the wider public and like you, I'm not close to it. My sense is you are fishing for a polarised response.

I do get a bit miffed when some stars cite PTSD for being famous. It's unhelpful given that there are many people suffering from PTSD who have been through traumatic events. They are experiencing something different in my amateur and unqualified view.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Whilst not totally unsympathetic the girl does herself no favours by constantly courting attention via a myriad of social media. Additionally, during the time she won't be working she has an estimated £6 million pounds in the bank. I wish her well but she does have some advantages over the average person suffering from mental health issues.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a disturbing post.

OP is a moron. I unblocked him momentarily as I was curious, and wish I hadn't. When it comes to sensitivity and empathy, what's that expression? First touch of the Yorkshire Ripper :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mental health issues can afflict anyone, we’ve seen wealthy and privileged sufferers take their own lives. Individuals in a lonely, ‘dark place’ see no hope in life, their bank balance irrelevant at that moment. Total empathy to anyone in that position.

I know one of Little Mix has faced relentless trolling from anonymous, spiteful trolls, seriously affecting her health. No one deserves that.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Mental health issues can afflict anyone, we’ve seen wealthy and privileged sufferers take their own lives. Individuals in a lonely, ‘dark place’ see no hope in life, their bank balance irrelevant at that moment. Total empathy to anyone in that position.

I know one of Little Mix has faced relentless trolling from anonymous, spiteful trolls, seriously affecting her health. No one deserves that.

it’s sad, personally as for whatever band she’s in i couldn’t care less. The whole machine chews em up, spits em out, eventually but hey, let the moguls make the money, then move on to the next group of kids whom they can make more millions by exploiting them.

as for social media, it must go down as one of the biggest curses of the modern age.

Young uns quickly get hooked on its good points, but the worm inevitably turns so the nice bits diminish and the bad, ugly bits grow until there’s no escape. Trolls, vile, sick individuals hunting them until they snap.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
it’s sad, personally as for whatever band she’s in i couldn’t care less. The whole machine chews em up, spits em out, eventually but hey, let the moguls make the money, then move on to the next group of kids whom they can make more millions by exploiting them.

as for social media, it must go down as one of the biggest curses of the modern age.

Young uns quickly get hooked on its good points, but the worm inevitably turns so the nice bits diminish and the bad, ugly bits grow until there’s no escape. Trolls, vile, sick individuals hunting them until they snap.

Internet good points - NSC, can help prevent loneliness, a wealth of information, has made a lot of things easier eg banking, streaming movies/TV/sport and my personal favourite youtube for music.

Awful aspects - kids and young adults are literally addicted, adverse effect on face to face chatting, kids can’t escape bullying once they get home from school, and trolls typing hate all day eg the sick individuals who targeted the McCann’s (a 63 year old woman even committed suicide, once exposed as a troll). Also aiding and abetting extreme politics, terrorism, fake news to disrupt harmony.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some of the posts on here show exactly why she has left

May 5, 2020
Sussex
This girl has suffered terribly at the hands of the trolls and online bullies almost daily for nine years now and has clearly caused her some mental problems.
I think she has shown bravery over this time to keep going for her fans and her band mates but there does come a point where a person has to put themselves first which also takes a lot of courage sometimes.
Ironically I can see her maybe becoming a good solo singer once she gets her mental health sorted.
Hopefully she will be ok and get better soon.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Phew we got there in the end :thumbsup:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
What a disturbing post.

Indeed. On a personal note, the times I have been hit hardest by feelings of despair and depression have been the times when I have been my most successful and wealthier than I would have been in my wildest dreams ten years earlier when, incidentally, I was much happier.

I'm sure that extreme poverty correlates quite strongly with mental health issues, however moving in the other direction I have personally found very little correlation between financial status and happiness. There are other forces in the world that have a far more profound effect on our mental wellbeing than money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here