New strain of Covid?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've read on more than one occasion that if 'we all stand still for two weeks, the virus will die off.

Two weeks of proper self isolating lockdown - gotta be worth a go hasn't it?

Probably needs to be done on a global scale if its going to last... and that is very difficult to arrange.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So the “work from home” advise is no longer viable...

As an example... I service equipment for companies including medical companies.

In April a health care company called because they needed a repair and some equipment calibrated.

So I had to order parts from our service department who then sent the store person into the warehouse who had to pack and ship the part to me to drive to Suffolk to fit the parts.

So one call for one job meant 4 people went to work you can x that by 1000s across the country.

The country can not function with everyone WFH.

Jimmy Grimble

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
As an example... I service equipment for companies including medical companies.

In April a health care company called because they needed a repair and some equipment calibrated.

So I had to order parts from our service department who then sent the store person into the warehouse who had to pack and ship the part to me to drive to Suffolk to fit the parts.

So one call for one job meant 4 people went to work you can x that by 1000s across the country.

The country can not function with everyone WFH.

I appreciate that, it's just at the moment, at a time when the virus is accelerating it appears it's only hospitality that is feeling the brunt of restrictions!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here