Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Squad strength vs the rest of the league

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
For me, the only way to judge Potter is by asking this question: "is he getting the best out of the players and squad at his disposal"?

So, how do we rank in terms of squads in this division? I think we have a better squad than Sheffield Utd, Fulham, Burnley, and West Brom. We're around about a par with Newcastle and Leeds. All the other teams have better squads than us, in my opinion.

Apologies if this has already been discussed!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sounds about right. We are expected to finish around 15th to 17th. That's where our squad would be in a table of strongest to weakest on paper.

At the moment, Potter is doing a satisfactory job. We are where we are expected to be. Higher than 15th come the end of the season would be a success, lower than 17th would be a failure.

But also there is a 5 year plan in place. If Potter finishes between 15th and 17th every season, he will get the boot when the time is right, just like Chris did.

Is he getting the best out of his players? Probably not. But he's not getting the worst out of them either. He is doing as is expected, given the resources at his disposal.

Food for thought - Chris Wilder got the best out of his players last season and then some. This year it is the complete opposite. So I think doing a satisfactory job at this point, with a long term plan in place, is preferable to having one great season then nosediving towards certain relegation.

Absolutely no idea why this gormless mantra keeps getting repeated as if it had any basis in fact. Jeez! :facepalm:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Rest of the League
tasmanian-devil-vector-18.png

Us
393ec3df033ec8d7937f112493fc45ea-7.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here