Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Zeqiri?

MarktheShark

Dec 11, 2020
How much longer do we have to wait till Zeqiri is given a chance? Although Brighton are struggling to get a win, we do create a lot of chances most games, but I have no confidence in our strikers.

Maupay and Connelly are both lively but seem to panic in front of goal and miss far too many chances, I don't think either are at Premier League level. And what was we doing signing Welbeck? We sell Murray because he used to be good but is now too slow and past it and replace him with Welbeck who used to be good but is now too slow and past it.

Potter needs to try something different up front before it's too late so why is Zeqiri not getting a chance, he has proved he can score at his previous club and at under 21 level and at the moment we need a striker who can put chances away.

I just don't understand what is going on, he can't even get on the bench or in the under 23's, unless he has an injury.

Does anyone feel the same about this?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
It's the Brighton way. We sign promising youngsters that have broken in to the first teams either in lower leagues or other countries and then make them play the Brighton way until they are never heard of again.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is what we do. We sign players who seem promising, but the minute they step on the training pitch we seem to realise they're not ready for the first team.
We do it with our youth players- once they get in the first team they get dropped.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Welbeck to slow and past it ? What ? Did you see his Villa goal or some of the runs he has been making?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Does seem odd he's not been included in the U23s given the stuff in the news from his dad saying he was promised first team action. Probably Covid related in someway (not saying he has it, maybe he is reluctant to move while this is going on?)

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
How much longer do we have to wait till Zeqiri is given a chance? Although Brighton are struggling to get a win, we do create a lot of chances most games, but I have no confidence in our strikers.

Maupay and Connelly are both lively but seem to panic in front of goal and miss far too many chances, I don't think either are at Premier League level. And what was we doing signing Welbeck? We sell Murray because he used to be good but is now too slow and past it and replace him with Welbeck who used to be good but is now too slow and past it.

Potter needs to try something different up front before it's too late so why is Zeqiri not getting a chance, he has proved he can score at his previous club and at under 21 level and at the moment we need a striker who can put chances away.

I just don't understand what is going on, he can't even get on the bench or in the under 23's, unless he has an injury.

He was always going to be one for the future and never likely to slot straight in to the first team. His previous club experience was mostly in the Swiss second division so will need time to make the step up from that level to the premiership. Putting a player like that in too early would put too much pressure on him and just ruin his confidence. Having said that if he was setting the world alight in training then I am sure Potter might have a rethink.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Does seem odd he's not been included in the U23s given the stuff in the news from his dad saying he was promised first team action. Probably Covid related in someway (not saying he has it, maybe he is reluctant to move while this is going on?)

He was on the bench a few weeks back wasn't he, I am sure I saw him listed?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
welcome to NSC Zeqiri :)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Welbeck to slow and past it ? What ? Did you see his Villa goal or some of the runs he has been making?

Absolutely bollocks of course, which is why he started a new account to post it, although apart from that I agree with him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Great finish, but he's shelled very very good chances in most of the other matches.

We need more from him, or we need someone else

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can understand him not being in the squad, but why not get him some football in the u23s. Got to be better than nothing

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

You his dad?

MarktheShark

Dec 11, 2020

Yeah he scored a good goal against villa but what has he done since, apart from that chance he fluffed last night where was he the rest of the game? And he really helped Watford last season didn't he!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought it was going to be a pictorial thread with some Swiss bloke with a goatee hiding in a crowd of people

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Andy Zeqiri was playing in the Swiss second tier last season, to jump straight from there into the EPL is madness. He certainly isn't the answer to our goalscoring problems, this season at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here