PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems he also did a lot to preserve the Cornish coastline and stop developers taking over. A lot of areas coastal areas could do with a champion like that, especially the South coast.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His CV is a bit longer than this.

RIP

He led a very interesting life.

Le Carré, who spent a relatively brief period with MI6, published his first novel in the same year that the Berlin Wall went up: 1961.

Yet long after the Cold War ended, decades later, he went on to diversify into writing about the arms trade, Big Pharma and the so-called War on Terror.

Now to drop the cat amongst the pigeons

Le Carré turned down literary honours and a knighthood, saying in a 2017 US interview that he was "so suspicious of the literary world that I don't want its accolades".

"And least of all do I want to be called Commander of the British Empire or any other thing of the British Empire," he added, saying it was "emetic" or vomit-inducing.

He told CBS News' 60 Minutes: "I don't want to posture as someone who's been honoured by the state and must therefore somehow conform with the state, and I don't want to wear the armour."

Le Carré described himself as "English to the core" but deplored what he saw as the aggressive nationalistic sentiment behind Brexit.

"My England would be the one that recognises its place in the EU. The jingoistic England that is trying to march us out of the EU, that is an England I don't want to know," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertai...ZgA05oKawqbgsCJBjHvTksOHrAAmWKO917BCOcYDcR-MA

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He led a very interesting life.

Le Carré, who spent a relatively brief period with MI6, published his first novel in the same year that the Berlin Wall went up: 1961.

Yet long after the Cold War ended, decades later, he went on to diversify into writing about the arms trade, Big Pharma and the so-called War on Terror.

Now to drop the cat amongst the pigeons

Le Carré turned down literary honours and a knighthood, saying in a 2017 US interview that he was "so suspicious of the literary world that I don't want its accolades".

"And least of all do I want to be called Commander of the British Empire or any other thing of the British Empire," he added, saying it was "emetic" or vomit-inducing.

He told CBS News' 60 Minutes: "I don't want to posture as someone who's been honoured by the state and must therefore somehow conform with the state, and I don't want to wear the armour."

Le Carré described himself as "English to the core" but deplored what he saw as the aggressive nationalistic sentiment behind Brexit.

"My England would be the one that recognises its place in the EU. The jingoistic England that is trying to march us out of the EU, that is an England I don't want to know," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertai...ZgA05oKawqbgsCJBjHvTksOHrAAmWKO917BCOcYDcR-MA

Bloody good man. He knew which side his bread was buttered. And from a man who’s seen it inside out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
RIP John..

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here