Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we sack Billy Reid or Bjorn Hamberg?

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Would you like to see a shake up of the back room staff? Should we get rid of either Billy Reid or Bjorn Hamberg? Does Graham need assistance from either an experienced coach or upcoming assistant? Or does he remain loyal to what he bought with him?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
That just seems like a cop out to me. They've worked with Potter for years and all buy into his philosophy. If TB is unhappy with what that philosophy is producing then he should sack them all, changing the backroom staff alone would be pointless. Not that I think anybody should be sacked yet (except maybe whoever coaches us on set pieces :nono: )

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The club needs to concentrate on the Fulham game not on who to sack.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
You realise Bruno is back room staff too right?

Are you suggesting we sack Bruno as well?

It was a question not a suggestion but yes I realise Bruno is a coach, however Reid and Hamberg are senior coaches.
If you feel Bruno should be sacked that's you're right. I feel his progress might be helped with working with someone else.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’ve said for a couple of months that GP needs an experienced no.2. For several reasons, not least; added nous at chiselling out EPL wins and giving him support during games. During all these losses and home draws, Potter cuts a lonely figure, lost as to what to do as the flow of a game is against us, goals are conceded. Imho ploughing a touchline lonely furrow.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It was a question not a suggestion but yes I realise Bruno is a coach, however Reid and Hamberg are senior coaches.
If you feel Bruno should be sacked that's you're right. I feel his progress might be helped with working with someone else.

No, I’m not suggesting anyone be sacked at all. You’re the one raising the question on these men’s livelihoods, because we lost away to Leicester?

Of course not. Ludicrous, short term, knee jerk thinking.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You have to ask...

Who is in charge of set piece coaching?
Who is in charge of defence coaching?

I think you could argue whoever that is isn't doing as good a job as we'd like.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
No, I’m not suggesting anyone be sacked at all. You’re the one raising the question on these men’s livelihoods, because we lost away to Leicester?

Of course not. Ludicrous, short term, knee jerk thinking.

The reason I posed the question isn't because we lost to Leicester, it's because we looked tactically naive tonight and on several performances this season and last. My main cause for concern is attacking and defending set pieces which is something the first team coaches need to take responsibility for.
Maybe we shouldn't sack anyone but we need something or someone who can help with coaching a group of talented young players.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would you like to see a shake up of the back room staff? Should we get rid of either Billy Reid or Bjorn Hamberg? Does Graham need assistance from either an experienced coach or upcoming assistant? Or does he remain loyal to what he bought with him?

I am probably speaking for a fair few on this forum when I say I have no idea, I don't know anything about them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And what does he do?

Exactly played second best as a defender and assist to goals to Calderon throughout his Brighton career.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And what does he do?

I believe Bruno is a player development coach. Lamptey has spoken a lot about how he’s been helped by Bruno on and off the field since he’s joined.

Are you getting the pitch forks out for Bruno as well?

Wow, some of you are off the scale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here