Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That was not Burns fault

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Tactically that was shocking, in the first half Burn was left to manage a quarter of the pitch by himself. This week I started a thread about Sollys defending but what was Potter thinking allowing Solly to attack in the advanced right wing when Burn was getting roasted time and again on the left. Leicester worked Burn out super fast he very immobile if turning and twisting. That lost us the game, not the player but the tactics.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Tactically that was shocking, in the first half Burn was left to manage a quarter of the pitch by himself. This week I started a thread about Sollys defending but what was Potter thinking allowing Solly to attack in the advanced right wing when Burn was getting roasted time and again on the left. Leicester worked Burn out super fast he very immobile if turning and twisting. That lost us the game, not the player but the tactics.

Good point, Burn had a shocker but I dont think even the lightning quick Lamptey could have plugged those holes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmmm "Leicester worked Burn out super fast, he's immobile" would suggest there's plenty of blame to go around, Burn GPott and Solly.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Because March was deployed as a wide attacking midfielder and, as is customary in football, sometimes the wide players swap sides? ??? Blame Potter for playing a centreback at left back if you like (I’ll even join you in saying it was a bad decision), but attempting to blame March after starting that thread just seems agenda driven to me :shrug:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Probably very true but what are Burns attributes?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Have you watched the first goal?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Where was Lamptey tonight, does anyone know?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Because March was deployed as a wide attacking midfielder and, as is customary in football, sometimes the wide players swap sides? ??? Blame Potter for playing a centreback at left back if you like (I’ll even join you in saying it was a bad decision), but attempting to blame March after starting that thread just seems agenda driven to me :shrug:

Oh **** off read what I wrote I’m not blaming March I’m saying how was he allowed to attack in a advanced right when Burn was getting turned nearly every time bottom left. Tactically it was a nightmare.

Yoda

English & European
I don't get the change made by Potter before Rodgers moved Justin to the Burns side of the pitch.

We started 3-4-3 and matched them and for the first 15-20 was a close even end to end game in which we were creating the better chances.

He then pulls Solly from LWB over to RM, Ali J LM and reverted to a flat back 4-4-2. If we had stayed the same and BR made his same tactical change, Solly would've helped Burn out whereas he had zero support from Ali J defensively.

After that first goal then went through Maty Ryan's hands (Sorry Maty, you've had three good season's here, but I think it's time we needed an upgrade and quick), we seemed to forget how to play football for the rest of the half.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Oh **** off read what I wrote I’m not blaming March I’m saying how was he allowed to attack in a advanced right when Burn was getting turned nearly every time bottom left. Tactically it was a nightmare.

As I said, wide players swap sides in football. It’s a common tactic and when it does happen, it’s usually the job of the other wide player to do the defensive duties of their new side of the pitch (in this case Ali J or Maupay). And, as far as I can recall, March being on the right on the odd occasion didn’t lead to any goals, although I’m happy to be corrected on this.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
As I said, wide players swap sides in football. It’s a common tactic and when it does happen, it’s usually the job of the other wide player to do the defensive duties of their new side of the pitch (in this case Ali J or Maupay). And, as far as I can recall, March being on the right on the odd occasion didn’t lead to any goals, although I’m happy to be corrected on this.

It absolutely did because it allowed Leicester to probe Burn and work him out with triangles, didn’t Leicester swap their fullbacks to put pace directly against him?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It absolutely did because it allowed Leicester to probe Burn and work him out with triangles, didn’t Leicester swap their fullbacks to put pace directly against him?

Did it? ??? As I recall March popped on the right on very few occasions and, when he did, it’s no longer his job to defend the left flank, it’s the winger he’s swapped with ergo it’d be their responsibility to give Burn cover.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Did it? ??? As I recall March popped on the right on very few occasions and, when he did, it’s no longer his job to defend the left flank, it’s the winger he’s swapped with ergo it’d be their responsibility to give Burn cover.

Fair enough I think you see football different to me and Alan Shearer on Amazon who just said Burn was left over exposed time again and March (paraphrasing here) went awol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here