Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Vs Leicester (A)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Ryan-4 a few good saves but he simply has to do better with the first one. He inspires absolutely no confidence at the moment.

Veltman-7 one of our better players, got forward rest well and used his strength to keep Leicester at bay on his side.
White- 7 some excellent blocks
Dunk-5 neither here nor there, he really hasn't hit the heights of last season this time round
Burn-0 I'm genuinely struggling to recall a more inept individual performance than his tonight. Totally out of his depth, was torn to sheds by Justin.

March-6 some excellent attacking work in the first half but his final ball was a real let down all evening.
Groß-2 offered absolutely nothing. Well, except for Leicester, he was one of their best passers. Don't think he found a teammate all evening, absolutely horrendous
Bissouma- 7 below par this evening but you could still see he was a cut above the rest. He's too good for us and won't be our player for much longer.

Jahanbakhsh-5 some good ideas but ultimately you can still see that he ain't good enough for this league.
Maupay-4 totally anonymous, although in fairness that wasn't really his fault, the service was appalling all night
Welbeck-4 each game we seem to have a "*that* was the chance FFS!" moment. today it was Welbeck's turn to miss *that* chance, for all Leicester's class the game could've been a totally different story had he taken that chance.

Subs:
Alzate- 5 came on when the damage was already done and didn't change an awful lot, still good to see him back though.
Connolly- n/a
Ali Mac- n/a

Potter- 2 needs to do something sharpish because that was pathetic, the system allowed Burn to be isolated time and again this evening, even when it was clear that he was being ripped apart. Our attack hasn't looked more inept all season, and Leicester cut through us like a knife through butter. How much of that is his fault? hard to say, but given we KNOW how good he can be, I'm inclined to believe there were multiple holes in the setup tonight.

Ref (Martin Atkinson)- 7 didn't notice him

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Ryan-4 a few good saves but he simply has to do better with the first one. He inspires absolutely no confidence at the moment.

Veltman-7 one of our better players, got forward rest well and used his strength to keep Leicester at bay on his side.
White- 7 some excellent blocks
Dunk-5 neither here nor there, he really hasn't hit the heights of last season this time round
Burn-0 I'm genuinely struggling to recall a more inept individual performance than his tonight. Totally out of his depth, was torn to sheds by Justin.

March-6 some excellent attacking work in the first half but his final ball was a real let down all evening.
Groß-2 offered absolutely nothing. Well, except for Leicester, he was one of their best passers. Don't think he found a teammate all evening, absolutely horrendous
Bissouma- 7 below par this evening but you could still see he was a cut above the rest he's too good for us and won't be our player for much longer.

Jahanbakhsh-5 some good ideas but ultimately you can still see that he ain't gold enough for this league.
Maupay-4 totally anonymous, although in fairness that wasn't really his fault, the service was appalling all night
Welbeck-4 each game we seem to have a "*that* was the chance FFS!" moment. today it was Welbeck's turn to miss *that* chance, for all Leicester's class the game could've been a totally different story had he taken that chance.

Subs:
Alzate- 5 came on when the damage was already don't and didn't change an awful lot, still good to see him back though.
Connolly- n/a
Ali Mac- n/a

Potter- 2 needs to do something sharpish because that was pathetic, the system allowed Burn to be isolated time and again this evening, even when it was clear that he was being ripped apart. Our attack hasn't looked more inept all season, and Leicester cut through us like a knife through butter. How much of that is his fault? hard to say, but given we KNOW how good he can be, I'm inclined to believe there were multiple holes in the setup tonight.

Ref (Martin Atkinson)- 7 didn't notice him

All spot on apart from a little harsh on Alzate maybe

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Man for man, Bissouma the only player anywhere near the quality of any of Leicester's tonight.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
This gross as a holding midfielder experiment has to end -

Where was lamptey today -injured I presume . Fulham and sheff utd games are huge - really need to be more positive . I’ve already forgotten about the Leicester game

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If this line up and result guarantees us 6 points from the next two games then I’ll give Potter a 10.

I give Amazon Prime coverage 2/10 - obsessed with keeping the camera on a Leicester player for 20 seconds whilst the ball was in play.

mjking73

Apr 17, 2013
Littlehampton
Ryan - 4
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 5
White - 6
Burn - 4
Bissouma - 7
Gross - 4
March - 5
Ali J - 6
Maupay - 4
Welbeck - 5

Alzate - 6
Connolly - 4
Mac Allister - 5

Based on that, for Fulham why not...

Sanchez
Veltman / White / Webster
Lamptey / Alzate / Bissouma / March
Mac Allister
Welbeck / Zeqiri

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 3- Some good saves but after the damage was already done. Too little (no pun intended), too late.

Veltman 6.5 One of the very few pleasing performances. Tidy and professional throughout, played a couple of half-decent crosses as well. Solid if unspectacular.

White 6 Some important blocks first half, looked a bit leggy in the second. A passable performance.

Dunk 5: Below par again, God knows what has gone wrong with him this season.

Burn -1 Looked like he had won a raffle prize to be a footballer for a day. Responsible at least in part for all three goals. It was bad enough that he started the game, the fact he finished it as well really makes me wonder what the **** is going on in Potter's head. Turning his back when Leicester were attacking our box to moan at the ref because he was beaten in the air by a guy a foot shorter than him was the cherry on the icing.

March 6 He gave it a good go. Made some good forward runs but didn't have many options. Final product is still lacking.

Bissouma 6 Started very well then faded. Glad he went off, game was clearly lost and we need him fit and firing to stand any chance of getting anything from anyone...

Groß 3 Terrible passing and appalling set pieces. Desperately poor.

Jahanbakhsh 5 He tried I guess? At least he actually shoots once in a while. Still very doubtful he can hack it.

Maupay 4 There wasn't much impact he could have on the game considering the way it was set, but yeah he did nothing.

Welbeck 3 Missed the chance the game hinged on again. Didn't do much else.

Alzate did alright when he came on. Connolly and MacAllister pretty insignificant.

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 4 - Another goal conceded, where there were mitigating circumstances, but it went through his hands. A great save a minute later though

Veltman - 5 - Mixed bag, some good passing on a dodgy surface
Dunk - 5 - Secure in his passing and defending
White - 6 - Once more, a great instinct for defensive cover
Burn - 4 - Still find it odd he only plays when we have a flat back 4, surely he should be on the left of a three if he plays? Having said that, put in our only good cross of the evening for Maupay's overhead

March - 6 - Decent approach play but no end product. I try to stick up for Solly against his critics, but it's hard this evening
Gross - 4 - Failed to dictate the play, should have been subbed instead of sent further forward
Bissouma - 7 - Some extraordinary tackling, good forward drives, ropey shooting

Ali J - 4 - Eased off the ball at will by the Leicester defence. Not bad, but I can see why he doesn't usually play.
Maupay - 3 - Didn't hold it up well enough, didn't run in behind, didn't look like scoring. Poor game
Wellbeck - 3 - Sorry. Must score that. Didn't do anything else.

Alzate - 4 - Limited involvement
MacAllister - 4 - Limited involvement
Connolly - 3 Very limited involvement

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not doing marks for all as Pretty bad from everyone. Special mention for

Burn - I can’t recall a worse performance from a Brighton player in the premier league. He was terrible. He should not play again. That is not knee jerk, I have never seen it.

Ryan - the first goal was crucial and that was bad

Dunk - what is wrong with him this season? He has been way below his usual standards. Tonight was poor from the first moments where he lazily got caught.

Gross - he was bypassed all night and gave the ball away with most touches.

Exceptions tonight.

White - made some very good tackles and blocks. He is top class. I would expect an injury ravaged Liverpool to sign him in Jan. sadly.

Bissouma - he is just so good. One sloppy moment early but other than that he was outstanding. He could slot into the midfield of any side in the league and look good. He is going to the top. I hope we can keep him.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Ryan - 5 First goal deflected off of Dunk but still could be saved
Veltman - 7
White - 7
Dunk - 5
Burn - 3
Gross - 4
Bissouma - 8
March - 6
AJ - 6
Maupay - 5
Wellbeck -5

Alzate - 6
Connelly - 4
Mac Allister - 5

Potter - 4 Started bright but no real positive adjustments by him in the game... Got worse and worse...

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This gross as a holding midfielder experiment has to end -

Where was lamptey today -injured I presume . Fulham and sheff utd games are huge - really need to be more positive . I’ve already forgotten about the Leicester game

Do you honestly think Lamptey is injured? I don't. He decided to rest him and save him for Fulham and Sheff Utd. Dangerous strategy. If we don't get 4 points, we are in serious trouble.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 5 -- one good save, but nothing beyond that
Veltman 5
White 6
Dunk 5
Burn 2 -- why? He's too slow, too uncoordinated
Webster 0 -- did nothing, just sat and watched; it's his fault
Jahanbakhsh 4 -- some promising touches, but simply not physical enough for this league
Bissouma 7
Gross 4
March 6
Maupay 4
Welbeck 4

Subs:
All 4

Potter 1 -- a shocker. I'm a fan, but we were all over the place today, and he's got to take the flak for that

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Ryan- 5 Had to save the first one. Didn't.
Veltman-7 Class
White- 6.5 Very decent
Dunk-5 Probably a 6 - but not seeing enough leadership from him either at the moment - Something's not right.
Burn-4 The weak link.
March- 6.5 Played well all game - the pull back for Jahanbaksh was very nice.
Groß-4 Really off it today - don't think I have ever seen so many sloppy passes from him.
Bissouma - 7 - Class - we won't keep him if the other players don't step up.
Jahanbakhsh- 6 - Hope he gets a run of games -
Maupay-5 Not much going on for him tonight
Welbeck-5 Scores that chance and it's a different game - decent save maybe, but should have scored

Potter- 4 - I'm assuming he threw that game and is banking on finally getting a win out of one of the next two.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Ryan- 5 Had to save the first one. Didn't.
Veltman-7 Class
White- 6.5 Very decent
Dunk-5 Probably a 6 - but not seeing enough leadership from him either at the moment - Something's not right.
Burn-4 The weak link.
March- 6.5 Played well all game - the pull back for Jahanbaksh was very nice.
Groß-4 Really off it today - don't think I have ever seen so many sloppy passes from him.
Bissouma - 7 - Class - we won't keep him if the other players don't step up.
Jahanbakhsh- 6 - Hope he gets a run of games -
Maupay-5 Not much going on for him tonight
Welbeck-5 Scores that chance and it's a different game - decent save maybe, but should have scored

Potter- 4 - I'm assuming he threw that game and is banking on finally getting a win out of one of the next two.

Generally agree but Ryan - 4 (think he should be out for the second one to smother the attacker) , Bissouma 8 (as a relative mark against everyone else he was outstanding for us) Wellbeck 4 as he did nothing at least Maupay puts himself about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan 3 - NOT an outstanding EPL goalie in any facet, rarely influences a positive result.

Veltman 6
White 5
Dunk 4 - more interested in claiming offside, than attempting to stop Vardy’s key moment.
Burn 0 - out of his depth.

Gross 2 - did he play? Anonymous.
Bissouma 7.5 - if this disparity carries on, he’ll move on next summer.
March 4
Jahanbakhsh 1

Maupay 2
Welbeck 2 - did we see him after the missed chance?

Can’t be bothered with the subs.

Potter 0 - Dan Burn as LB :lolol:, somehow same up with a 4-4 with an isolated 2 ... an EPL first? Did nothing to stop the Dan Burn slaughter .... before the goals!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Pottinker - 0

I know it's a 'free hit ' whatever the **** that's supposed to be. So nil points

I'm starting to think he's clinically insane. Lovely passing etc, but 18 months ( what seems like 5 years) later and we're worse than we were watching suicidally dull defensathon with the odd goal from a set piece. Or a lucky bounce off an arse cheek

Please correct me, if I'm wrong, but the intention is to win the game? Or in CH world not Lewes!

I don't know what to think any more. I think I prefer normal football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here