Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rule breakers

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Does anybody else find those who like to bend/break the rules stressful? I've started to realise this year that I've felt a constant low level of stress due to others who don't stick to rules, especially when it impinges on my life. In particular with Covid, I feel as though I've spent the past 7-8 months in a constant battle with family/friends who will quite innocently suggest that we do something (e.g. pop over, go out for a meal etc) when the rules at that time explicitly state that it's not allowed. You're then put in that situation of either politely reminding them that's not within the rules (and you're always left looking like the bad guy, the party-pooper) or creating other reasons to avoid the awkwardness of having to tell them for the 5th time.

Before this year, I used to find it stressful when I'd try and stick to the speed limit and would be critiqued by others for doing so.

I do say this in the full knowledge that I probably break rules on a weekly basis, so I am most likely a hypocrite. But nevertheless, why can't people just at least make an effort to stick to the rules? We'd all be happy then, wouldn't we? :angel: :moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
For some people, rules are there to be broken, even if it kills them.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I get where you are coming from but guess it comes from your personal values and respect of the law/others. Some people get a kick out of breaking the law, eg driving above the speed limit whereas others can’t see the benefit of getting somewhere 5 minutes earlier whilst increasing the risk of an accident or fine.
Perhaps it’s an age/maturity thing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does anybody else find those who like to bend/break the rules stressful? I've started to realise this year that I've felt a constant low level of stress due to others who don't stick to rules, especially when it impinges on my life. In particular with Covid, I feel as though I've spent the past 7-8 months in a constant battle with family/friends who will quite innocently suggest that we do something (e.g. pop over, go out for a meal etc) when the rules at that time explicitly state that it's not allowed. You're then put in that situation of either politely reminding them that's not within the rules (and you're always left looking like the bad guy, the party-pooper) or creating other reasons to avoid the awkwardness of having to tell them for the 5th time.

Before this year, I used to find it stressful when I'd try and stick to the speed limit and would be critiqued by others for doing so.

I do say this in the full knowledge that I probably break rules on a weekly basis, so I am most likely a hypocrite. But nevertheless, why can't people just at least make an effort to stick to the rules? We'd all be happy then, wouldn't we? :angel: :moo:

"We'd all be happy then, wouldnt we?"... no. Its fine to be as pedantic as you are though it must be annoying for people around you to deal with, with the hypocrisy making it worse. But dont expect everyone to be like you. You have to understand that not everyone has the same relation to rules, both when it comes to covid but (especially) when it comes to other stuff.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I have just been out for a meal at a local pub, and it was quite obvious that many groups of people from different households were meeting up, in contradiction of the rules.
It was a bit of an eye opener, as I thought that the majority of people were willing to forego social gatherings if it meant we could help to prevent the spread of Covid.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Yes frustrating. My wife is disabled with a rare lung condition and even our grown up kids need reminding regularly not to come round. Boohoo but it's Christmas, yes and you could soon be going to a funeral.

Sometimes I feel like giving up as my wife starts siding with them :facepalm:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes.

I’m going out of my way to avoid things like shops as much as I can because it’s making me irrationally angry......so many people completely ignoring SD. I was in a queue last week and a woman stood directly behind me, so I stepped forward.....she then immediately stepped forward. I turned and before I could say anything she said ‘oh am I a bit close ?’. On the rare occasion I’ve been in to say the local supermarket, people are leaning across you to grab stuff, walking down the middle of aisles etc etc.

Probably very little risk of infection in reality but annoys the heck out of me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes frustrating. My wife is disabled with a rare lung condition and even our grown up kids need reminding regularly not to come round. Boohoo but it's Christmas, yes and you could soon be going to a funeral.

LOL.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

At this rate it'll be the dog pulling a Christmas cracker with me..............................................I'll lose but she can have the sodding 5 piece jigsaw to chew while I clear up her poo after the bang!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes.

I’m going out of my way to avoid things like shops as much as I can because it’s making me irrationally angry......so many people completely ignoring SD. I was in a queue last week and a woman stood directly behind me, so I stepped forward.....she then immediately stepped forward. I turned and before I could say anything she said ‘oh am I a bit close ?’. On the rare occasion I’ve been in to say the local supermarket, people are leaning across you to grab stuff, walking down the middle of aisles etc etc.

Probably very little risk of infection in reality but annoys the heck out of me.

You can sometimes get back a little at these unwelcome parts of the human gene-pool who think it's their right to do whatever they please (it isn't) or that rules don't apply to them (they do) - try waiting at the check-out queue with your trolley firmly behind you - I can guarantee some of the bellends will get really wound up. Stupid, I know - but they are ...........................

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm not going to reply to Covid rule breakers, as quite frankly I think we are possibly now fighting a losing battle keeping some onside...

My current pet hate, is dog shit - we go out for a daily walk for an hour and it's like playing hop scotch at times trying to avoid the shit all over the pavements.

If you want a dog, clean up after it, then take it round to Swansman, as he clearly likes rule breaking/breakers...!

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I'm not going to reply to Covid rule breakers, as quite frankly I think we are possibly now fighting a losing battle keeping some onside...

My current pet hate, is dog shit - we go out for a daily walk for an hour and it's like playing hop scotch at times trying to avoid the shit all over the pavements.

If you want a dog, clean up after it, then take it round to Swansman, as he clearly likes rule breaking/breakers...!

On which subject - and digressing a little - why do so many dog owners go to the trouble of bagging up their dog shit, but then drop the bag on the ground? I really can't understand that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

It'll all end in teirs :shrug:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I've worked through lockdown the only risk is we have to travel together in one van masks on ,never really used the shops before it and haven't much since . The only thing different in my life is no Pubs and Football with Aldershot . I still take in the odd lower non league game and keep my distance from anyone. Take next week the shots could possibly play Burgess Hill in the trophy , i've been asked if i'm going by some locals i know . In normal times without a doubt ,but now i'd be breaking the rules as an elite away fan . So the answer is definatly no.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It would help if we knew what the rules were.....

There are times when I genuinely do not know if I’m breaking the rules or not. I stick to them as best I can but sometimes it just isn’t clear to me.

I don’t mean going into supermarkets or stuff like that but last week I had to get a legal document witnessed and had no idea how to go about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Mrs AR and myself travelled down to Hastings last Tuesday for a family funeral.
Quite surreal in the way of wearing masks, social distance seating and the emotions running riot.
As there was no wake, we did go back to the family home for an hour or so, before heading back home.
I guess we were breaking the rules, as in going back to the family home, but we couldn't just head back straight away :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've worked through lockdown the only risk is we have to travel together in one van masks on ,never really used the shops before it and haven't much since . The only thing different in my life is no Pubs and Football with Aldershot . I still take in the odd lower non league game and keep my distance from anyone. Take next week the shots could possibly play Burgess Hill in the trophy , i've been asked if i'm going by some locals i know . In normal times without a doubt ,but now i'd be breaking the rules as an elite away fan . So the answer is definatly no.

You "never really used shops"?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here