Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Throwing up

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I appear to have eaten something that disagrees with me as I've spent the last hour or so throwing up in a bucket. Whilst having my head in said bucket, dredging my stomach of every scrap of food inside it, I couldn't help but notice that the action of throwing up invariably makes my eyes water. Not crying, oh no no no, but a definite excess of water is squeezed out of them as if my eyes, in sympathy with my stomach, are trying to get rid of the liquid inside them too.

Is this a common thing or is it just me?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good on you for making it to NSC I had the same experience (excluding eyes) two weekend ago ..but from 3am to 8am...and could barely concentrate on anything apart from heaving

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I suspect its probably more common than thinking to ask on NSC or other forum immediately after what sounds like a really horrible hour with a bucket, hope you feel loads better though

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
puke_and_explode__large.jpg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Good on you for making it to NSC I had the same experience (excluding eyes) two weekend ago ..but from 3am to 8am...and could barely concentrate on anything apart from heaving

I use NSC on my computer which doubles as my tv. So it's not too difficult a task as I'm stuck on my sofa with my bucket next to me!

And frankly, it's a welcome distraction.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I hate being sick, I had a very lengthy illness, it started with hepatitis A. I was wrongly diagnosed and left untreated for months with it and as a result I ended up with loads of issues and a bizarre illness that nobody ever diagnosed. I was sick almost every day for around 4 years, lost about 2st in weight, looked like I was dying most of the time. Lost my job, home and girlfriend as a result. Never did find out what it was but every time I feel sick now, it makes me panic that the same is going to happen again.

The eye watering isn't weird, using a bucket is though. As if throwing up isn't bad enough, you then have to smell/look at it again while emptying and cleaning the bucket. I'd rather just camp out in the toilet.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I hate being sick, I had a very lengthy illness, it started with hepatitis A. I was wrongly diagnosed and left untreated for months with it and as a result I ended up with loads of issues and a bizarre illness that nobody ever diagnosed. I was sick almost every day for around 4 years, lost about 2st in weight, looked like I was dying most of the time. Lost my job, home and girlfriend as a result. Never did find out what it was but every time I feel sick now, it makes me panic that the same is going to happen again.

The eye watering isn't weird, using a bucket is though. As if throwing up isn't bad enough, you then have to smell/look at it again while emptying and cleaning the bucket. I'd rather just camp out in the toilet.

Christ, that sounds horrific. You're ok now?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I have crocodile tear syndrome following Bells Palsy. This means that my left eye drips tears when ever I eat anything.

Must admit that it drives me mad. Lot of people worse off than me though.

few months ago happenned to me - was throwing up brown water - no food..never did find out what it was

(edit)now did i really just post that?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No problem being sick but the headache and pain in the abdomen once you get down to just yellow bile makes me feel I’d happily just die

Hope you feel better soon

I have crocodile tear syndrome following Bells Palsy. This means that my left eye drips tears when ever I eat anything.

Must admit that it drives me mad. Lot of people worse off than me though.

sorry to hear that. I have a strange situation that my eyelids sometimes sweat/weep after eating a spicy meal- didnt realise it might be an actual phenomenon

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I appear to have eaten something that disagrees with me as I've spent the last hour or so throwing up in a bucket. Whilst having my head in said bucket, dredging my stomach of every scrap of food inside it, I couldn't help but notice that the action of throwing up invariably makes my eyes water. Not crying, oh no no no, but a definite excess of water is squeezed out of them as if my eyes, in sympathy with my stomach, are trying to get rid of the liquid inside them too.

Is this a common thing or is it just me?

A69133C3-FBB2-41F7-BFDB-92178BD5D8E8.gif

:) Sorry, hope you feel better very soon.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
Same. My eyes water quite a lot generally - apparently it is linked to migraines from which I suffer as well

When my wife is sick she throws up so violently it bursts the blood vessels around her eyes. At one point her work though she was be domestically abused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here