Date: Sunday 13th December 2020
Kick-off: 19:15 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
VAR: Jonathan Moss
Additional VAR: Daniel Robathan

TEAM NEWS

Leicester's James Maddison is fit despite missing Thursday's win against AEK Athens with a minor knee problem.

Defenders Timothy Castagne and Caglar Soyuncu are back in training but both are more likely to be involved in Wednesday's match against Everton.

Brighton's Adam Lallana is again expected to miss out because of a groin problem.

Fellow midfielders Alexis Mac Allister and Davy Propper are nearing returns and will be monitored.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Leicester are unbeaten in all six of their Premier League meetings with Brighton (W4, D2), keeping a clean sheet in four of those matches.
    [*=left]Brighton's solitary victory in their past eight away games against Leicester in all competitions came in April 2014, when the Foxes had already sealed promotion from the Championship (D3, L4).
Leicester

• [*=left]Leicester have lost four of their past six league matches at the King Power Stadium, as many defeats as they suffered in their first 23 top-flight home games under Brendan Rodgers.
    [*=left]The Foxes have scored 10 goals in the final 20 minutes of Premier League matches this season, more than any other side prior to the weekend.
    [*=left]Leicester have been awarded eight Premier League penalties this season, while matches involving Brighton have featured 10 spot-kicks (five for, five against) - both totals are the highest in the top flight.
    [*=left]Jamie Vardy has scored 41 Premier League goals since Brendan Rodgers took charge of his first Leicester game on 3 March - eight more goals than any other player in this period.
    [*=left]Vardy is set to play his 222nd Premier League match for the Foxes, equalling Muzzy Izzet as Leicester's record appearance holder in the competition.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won two of their opening 11 league matches, their joint-lowest total at this stage of a top-flight campaign.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have claimed 14 points from their past eight away games (W4, D2, L2), as many as in their previous 20 attempts.
    [*=left]Brighton have scored in eight consecutive top-flight away matches since June's 0-0 draw at Leicester.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have conceded six Premier League goals from set-pieces (excluding penalties) this season, a tally exceeded only by Leicester's seven.
    [*=left]As a player, Potter made his Premier League debut in Southampton's 2-1 defeat by Leicester at Filbert Street in August 1996.

Graham Potter's Leicester City Press Conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_TVOTGCa8

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
eNywxx6.gif

soccerstreams100(dot)tv
soccerstreams(dot)net

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not feeling too hopeful about this one, but at least we’re away which seems to help the team.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
No predictions from me but, to quote Dick Head
"Leicester have lost four of their past six league matches at the King Power Stadium, as many defeats as they suffered in their first 23 top-flight home games under Brendan Rodgers."
One of those was to Fulham.... if they can do it so can we, maybe?
I'll be watching on Amazon , hoping for tbe best :albion2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't expect us to get any points and I don't mind as long as we can learn something from the game.

Here we go again suckers! Seeeaaagulls!!!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm not expecting a win but as long as its not as bad as the dream I had in the early hours of this morning - for some reason in my dream not watching it on Prime (despite having it), or SSN (which I have) I had the BBC Final Score-y type thing on and gave up watching around 22 minutes at us losing 5-0!

I think (certainly hope) in reality it's going to be a close match and hope we can at least try for a draw... UTA!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone going to disregard their lucky pants (as they're not), today, in favour of an objective pair.

Or can will start writing the post game piss stream now, with the usual suspects taking the blame for another valiant defeat?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is anyone going to disregard their lucky pants (as they're not), today, in favour of an objective pair.

Or can will start writing the post game piss stream now, with the usual suspects taking the blame for another valiant defeat?

Another wonderful performance. Best 2-0 defeat we've ever suffered. Still not sure VAR giving them the penalty for Connolly attacking Vardy with his bad breath in the D will be looked on well when the whole system is reviewed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another wonderful performance. Best 2-0 defeat we've ever suffered. Still not sure VAR giving them the penalty for Connolly attacking Vardy with his bad breath in the D will be looked on well when the whole system is reviewed.

Despite his hat trick Solly still can't cross, shoot or defend.
That last minute back pass gave Ryan no chance, 3 keepers couldn't have stopped that.

Deserved a point.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Due to circumstances, I didn’t have a beer while watching the Villa and the Liverpool games, which is unusual for me. We won and drew those 2 games, I did have a couple during the Southampton game, we lost.

So,do I remain beer less tonight, and hope for points, or do I have a beer cos it’s all just superstitious nonsense?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Jamie Vardy is apparently having a pre-match ‘chin-off’ with Reese Witherspoon this afternoon to see who wins the Bruce Forsyth Memorial Trophy.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
At least the game is on Amazon and not the customary two minute delay of Hesgoals.

Shame Propper isn't quite ready thought him and Bissouma were excellent at Wolves away and complimented each other really well.

A tough game but Fulham showed Leicester have a few weaknesses. Keep Vardy quiet keep Leicester quiet.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Superstitions.
Seems to be the topic of the day. No one as superstitious as me, set routines for every game from the minute I get up to the final whistle.
This week I've washed my scarf!!! It's the first time EVER in the many many years of supporting the Albion that I've washed my scarf during the season (yes, I know, it did a bit).
My wife threw out my lucky stripey pants and socks during the week, admittedly they were falling apart. So today every superstition is going out of the window.
Oh, except reading the Official Match Thread and posting on it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I might watch the Strictly results instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here