Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Just why do we vote for them ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Which ever party it is,oh why oh why do we end up voting for them ? The Snp Covid train traveler still a M/P who refuses to go and there are so many others
over the years who always plead "we have done nothing wrong" and he is another classic. Obviously not that offensive as to accept it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55278454

You seem to be upset about something ? Surely you COULDN'T vote for a SNP MP anyway unless one stood in Leek ? Be more upset about the people you don't get a vote on who get in to some form of authority and abuse it, such as Cummings, D

Finally, awards based around a " British Empire " are obviously very dated nowdays, probably best to rename them and move on. I doubt there is much chance of The Commonwealth Games reverting to The Empire Games ? Best Check, Change, Go .

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I've not voted since back when I was young and naive. Democracy in its current shape, and possibly overall, is fairly outdated though and will disappear in the not too distant future.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've not voted since back when I was young and naive. Democracy in its current shape, and possibly overall, is fairly outdated though and will disappear in the not too distant future.

It's the least worst system we have, If you have doubts you could sample other versions of government in other countries and see how that goes ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's the least worst system we have, If you have doubts you could sample other versions of government in other countries and see how that goes ?

Some work well, others dont, just like democracies. Either way its pretty obvious that people are idiots. Like Celine said, “I have never voted in my life... I have always known and understood that the idiots are in a majority so it's certain they will win.”

At some point sooner rather than later people are going to appoint the next set of Trumps and Borises and Orbans and whatnot and its not going to end in the same (happy?) way as now every time. There will be war and whatnot and people are going to radically change their perception of the viability of democracy and demand some kind of technocratic or meritocratic, most likely globally governed, rulership.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You seem to be upset about something ? Surely you COULDN'T vote for a SNP MP anyway unless one stood in Leek ? Be more upset about the people you don't get a vote on who get in to some form of authority and abuse it, such as Cummings, D

Finally, awards based around a " British Empire " are obviously very dated nowdays, probably best to rename them and move on. I doubt there is much chance of The Commonwealth Games reverting to The Empire Games ? Best Check, Change, Go .

Fair points,but is there any real historical difference between Commonwealth and Empire ? Don't accept the 'honour' if it upsets your POV . Tony Benn was not my someone who i would have voted for,but he 'dropped' his title i believe ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

The very least you can do is actually go to a polling station and get your ballot paper and even if you write None of the Above you in some way way say thank-you to those how laid down their lives so you are able to. Please.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The very least you can do is actually go to a polling station and get your ballot paper and even if you write None of the Above you in some way way say thank-you to those how laid down their lives so you are able to. Please.

No, if I want to express gratefulness I'm not doing it at some polling station.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some work well, others dont, just like democracies. Either way its pretty obvious that people are idiots. Like Celine said, “I have never voted in my life... I have always known and understood that the idiots are in a majority so it's certain they will win.”

At some point sooner rather than later people are going to appoint the next set of Trumps and Borises and Orbans and whatnot and its not going to end in the same (happy?) way as now every time. There will be war and whatnot and people are going to radically change their perception of the viability of democracy and demand some kind of technocratic or meritocratic, most likely globally governed, rulership.

Every now and again the system works well, we had President Kennedy, we had Nelson Mandela, we have Jacinda Ardern. Kennedy managed to step back from global nuclear war over the Cuba crisis, would Trump ? Mandela's election resulted in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission which prevented a possible bloodbath of revenge by those treated shamefully by apartheid. Jacinda Ardern has shown amazing leadership in her handling of the New Zealand Mosque attacks and her handling of Covid-19.

Don't discard democracy if it does not work all the time, it's still the best system we have currently, although you are welcome and indeed, encouraged to make a better system ... that's democracy.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't discard democracy if it does not work all the time, it's still the best system we have currently, although you are welcome and indeed, encouraged to make a better system ... that's democracy.

Currently is not tomorrow though. As for democracy encouraging any other system than democracy, I doubt it as it usually gets you bombed into pieces.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which ever party it is,oh why oh why do we end up voting for them ? The Snp Covid train traveler still a M/P who refuses to go and there are so many others
over the years who always plead "we have done nothing wrong" and he is another classic. Obviously not that offensive as to accept it. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55278454

1*ROt4OKKOa9n8qryrobbCNg.jpeg

Into the bear pit NOW :wink:

I have a few close friends who are fairly tightly wrapped into the whole 'British Democracy' thing (lives, careers etc), It used to be a standing joke amongst us all that I thought a benign dictatorship would be better for the people of Britain. Unfortunately it really isn't a joke any more :down:

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I agree , practically anyone would be preferable to Corbyn in charge but this is the daftest Tory govt in a long long time . Only the chancellor comes out of this with credit .

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Every now and again the system works well, we had President Kennedy, we had Nelson Mandela, we have Jacinda Ardern. Kennedy managed to step back from global nuclear war over the Cuba crisis, would Trump ? Mandela's election resulted in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission which prevented a possible bloodbath of revenge by those treated shamefully by apartheid. Jacinda Ardern has shown amazing leadership in her handling of the New Zealand Mosque attacks and her handling of Covid-19.

I will come back back and as you rightly the N/M commission is a positive move, as for NZ and J/A we have been able to go to NZ six weeks in late 2018 let,s be clear here small Pop in two large Islands so Covid was always going to under control simply on Pop Spread. Look at Windy Welly a Pop of 200k unlike say Brighton and Hove.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

If you don’t vote, in my view you have no right to complain about whatever goes on in your country. At least I can say I didn’t vote for our current shambles, and I was always happy that I could say I never voted for Thatcher........ recognising that others on here will see things differently - fair enough.

I did actually have a conversation once: “well you voted for her!” ...... “oh no I didn’t!”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

To be replaced by a Swanny dictatorship, run from your pizza palace, via 5G? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leaky, mate. You and the internet....

You remind me of old Doctor Saunders, in Portslade, in the 70s, when I worked in George the Chemist. He was in his 70s, and back then GPs could rumble on till death if they fancied it. He used to pop in ocasionally and look at our shelves of drugs. He point and say 'Oh, that's new; and that's new'.

Penicillin, the Pill, Anusol.

What a guy.

:shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you don’t vote, in my view you have no right to complain about whatever goes on in your country. At least I can say I didn’t vote for our current shambles, and I was always happy that I could say I never voted for Thatcher........ recognising that others on here will see things differently - fair enough.

I did actually have a conversation once: “well you voted for her!” ...... “oh no I didn’t!”

Ok. In my view I have the right to do whatever I want to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here