Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP pre-Leicester press conference

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_TVOTGCa8

Summary. Italics is what Potter is thinking.

- Gets a lot of questions about PSG - Istanbul Bahaikbakaspor (or whatever). Obvious answers.

- Gets a question about the VAR decision against March and for the first time in 8 years he says out loud that a decision was incorrect (shite) but then says it was not only the ref getting things wrong - "coaches gets things wrong and so does the players... even journalists occasionally
(**** you), you know, we're all human beings, that how it is".

- Would prefer to focus on the bad performance and improve that instead of thinking too much about the penalty.

- Journo asks about Lamptey, who made his debut against Leicester in the summer. Potter said it was a little bit nerve wrecking to give him the chance when they were very much in a relegation battle but they believed in him
(and lets face it, Montoya was shite).

- Journo asks about the rumour about Duffy returning in January, Potter says "No, its a season long loan"
(mate, how many centre backs do you think I can juggle?).

- Asked about the details of the poor performance against Saints, Potter says "I analyse myself first, I think I could do better as well". Journalist then asks if its easier to deal with a loss and get back if you create chances rather than if you dont create anything at all, Potter does not reply "yes, you idiot"
(yes, you idiot).

- Gets a question about Leicester, says they are a good team.

- Game comes too soon for Lallana, other than that no "fresh injuries".

- Journo says Schmeichel got a habit of saving penalties against Brighton, says (I think, its a bit difficult to hear) that penalties is not really something we're good at and that the players have been practising but that it is difficult to replicate match situations. Also says "if we gets one, lets hope its an obvious and clear one"
(**** VAR and **** VAR ****ing us over).

- Journo asks if Maupay would have taken it if he was on the pitch, Potter says that "no, Pascal has scored the last two ones and deserve that responsibility"
(nopes mate, the Maup will be chillin' with them penalties for a while yo).

- Journo says the team got an impressive nine different goal scorers this season and asks if its time for the centre backs to join in on that, Potter replies that they had a few chances against Liverpool and Saints and then goes to say "if we can increase the goals from the guys on the top of the pitch, that also helps"
(yeye centre backs this and that but the blokes up front arent really winning any top scorer titles are they)

- Says that Pröpper and Macallister has been training all week and that they are "closer to the squad".

- Journo asks if Leicester is a free hit as they are playing Fulham and Sheffield after that, Potter says "I think your make a mistake if you think in those terms"
(you are a complete idiot bro, complete idiot, its amazing that you are able to get out of the bed in the mornings you lazy-brained dumb ****ing wanker, in a different situation I would strangle your golden retriever doing the thinking for ya and deciding what questions you ask because no human being could be this ****ing dumb) and goes on to say that every game is an opportunity to win.

- Same journo then, apparently surprised by Potters answer, asking again to clarify that the Leicester game is as important as the games after that and Potter confirms this to be the case
(... <- these dots are in italics).

- Gets a question if he believes that the January transfer window is going to be a busy one for Brighton. Potter says the squad is strong but that in every transfer window they have a responsibility to look if they can strengthen or make adjustements but that the January transfer window is a notoriously difficult market (
I have a thing or two in mind but its not easy).

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
- Journo asks if Maupay would have taken it if he was on the pitch, Potter says that "no, Pascal has scored the last two ones and deserve that responsibility" (nopes mate, the Maup will be chillin' with them penalties for a while yo).

:lol:

Top work Swanny, these need to become a regular NSC staple.

Jimmy Grimble

And still no one asked about Alzate?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Would it really be though one home win in almost a year ??? This blind faith GP will turn it around week after week is becoming comical.

yes;

look at saints, home and away form last season, the ceo's actions, and how they're doing now

and football is no laughing matter

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Would it really be though one home win in almost a year ??? This blind faith GP will turn it around week after week is becoming comical.
You're entitled to your opinion and I respect it.

I think once DW settles more he will be the difference and feel there is still more to come from NM.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

- Gets a lot of questions about PSG - Istanbul Bahaikbakaspor (or whatever). Obvious answers.

- Gets a question about the VAR decision against March and for the first time in 8 years he says out loud that a decision was incorrect (shite) but then says it was not only the ref getting things wrong - "coaches gets things wrong and so does the players... even journalists occasionally

- Would prefer to focus on the bad performance and improve that instead of thinking too much about the penalty.

- Journo asks about Lamptey, who made his debut against Leicester in the summer. Potter said it was a little bit nerve wrecking to give him the chance when they were very much in a relegation battle but they believed in him

- Journo asks about the rumour about Duffy returning in January, Potter says "No, its a season long loan"

- Asked about the details of the poor performance against Saints, Potter says "I analyse myself first, I think I could do better as well". Journalist then asks if its easier to deal with a loss and get back if you create chances rather than if you dont create anything at all, Potter does not reply "yes, you idiot"
(yes, you idiot).

- Journo says Schmeichel got a habit of saving penalties against Brighton, says (I think, its a bit difficult to hear) that penalties is not really something we're good at and that the players have been practising but that it is difficult to replicate match situations. Also says "if we gets one, lets hope its an obvious and clear one"

- Journo asks if Maupay would have taken it if he was on the pitch, Potter says that "no, Pascal has scored the last two ones and deserve that responsibility"

- Journo says the team got an impressive nine different goal scorers this season and asks if its time for the centre backs to join in on that, Potter replies that they had a few chances against Liverpool and Saints and then goes to say "if we can increase the goals from the guys on the top of the pitch, that also helps"
(yeye centre backs this and that but the blokes up front arent really winning any top scorer titles are they)

- Says that Pröpper and Macallister has been training all week and that they are "closer to the squad".

- Journo asks if Leicester is a free hit as they are playing Fulham and Sheffield after that, Potter says "I think your make a mistake if you think in those terms"
(you are a complete idiot bro, complete idiot, its amazing that you are able to get out of the bed in the mornings you lazy-brained dumb ****ing wanker, in a different situation I would strangle your golden retriever doing the thinking for ya and deciding what questions you ask because no human being could be this ****ing dumb) and goes on to say that every game is an opportunity to win.

- Same journo then, apparently surprised by Potters answer, asking again to clarify that the Leicester game is as important as the games after that and Potter confirms this to be the case

- Gets a question if he believes that the January transfer window is going to be a busy one for Brighton. Potter says the squad is strong but that in every transfer window they have a responsibility to look if they can strengthen or make adjustements but that the January transfer window is a notoriously difficult market (
You're not a fan of journalists doing their job, are you? [emoji85]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

(yes, you idiot).

:lolol: genius :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yes how stupid of Southampton not not sack their manager when their home record was poor and they conceded 9 in a game. Regretting that now. :rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here