Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England test squad

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Jofra has been rested for the forthcoming Sri Lanka tour but Ollie has been named as one of the travelling reserves. I'd imagine there's a reasonable chance he'd get to play. Archer and Stokes will be back for the India series,

And talking of test teams, anyone see the story in Wisden Cricket that a young Steve Smith wanted to come over to play cricket in England and maybe qualify for us (he has a British passport as his mum's English). Tim Bresnan dissuaded him, saying that he wasn't good enough,

Gee, thanks Bres. Imagine a batting line-up of Root, Smith and Stokes :facepalm:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good for Ollie, he deserves the recognition after his efforts for "little old Sussex"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good for Ollie, he deserves the recognition after his efforts for "little old Sussex"

Wisden writers were speculating on the make-up of the team for the final match in the next Ashes series - all four of them had Ollie in it

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I see that Jofra has been rested for the forthcoming Sri Lanka tour but Ollie has been named as one of the travelling reserves. I'd imagine there's a reasonable chance he'd get to play. Archer and Stokes will be back for the India series,

And talking of test teams, anyone see the story in Wisden Cricket that a young Steve Smith wanted to come over to play cricket in England and maybe qualify for us (he has a British passport as his mum's English). Tim Bresnan dissuaded him, saying that he wasn't good enough,

Gee, thanks Bres. Imagine a batting line-up of Root, Smith and Stokes :facepalm:

They could have argued about who bats at 4!

I see there are theoretically three keepers in the 16 - I do hope they give Ben Foakes another go - if he doesn’t play in the sub-continent when we’re taking three spinners whenever will he? He’s by far the best keeper and a useful bat - I know it affects the balance of the side but give him a chance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here