Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This Dishonesty About No Longer Wanting To Go To Football Due To VAR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry, but it IS just dishonesty isn't it? Be honest. VAR just gives you a face-saving get-out clause to no longer go.

Maybe you just got old. Maybe you can no longer afford it. Maybe you just can no longer be arsed with the stupidly long round trip.

But at least be honest.

VAR as a genuine reason for no longer going? Nah, sorry, not buying it

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
who the **** are you to say what people are thinking? It might very well be a combination of all those things, and VAR is just the final straw.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
who the **** are you to say what people are thinking? It might very well be a combination of all those things, and VAR is just the final straw.

Sorry for calling you out, my friend. And apologies for hitting an obvious sore spot. But if 'VAR is just the final straw' then IMHO you were already looking for the exit door :wave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, but it IS just dishonesty isn't it? Be honest. VAR just gives you a face-saving get-out clause to no longer go.

Maybe you just got old. Maybe you can no longer afford it. Maybe you just can no longer be arsed with the stupidly long round trip.

But at least be honest.

You may not believe it, but it is part of the jigsaw puzzle. Well done on being indifferent to it, but don't judge others by your standard.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry for calling you out, my friend. And apologies for hitting an obvious sore spot. But if 'VAR is just the final straw' then IMHO you were already looking for the exit door :wave:

Calling people dishonest will hit a sore spot.

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
It is not just about VAR it is about the cheating that VAR has created. I have never seen so many divers in my lifetime. How many penalties have been awarded so far this season that shouldn't have. Perhaps that should be another thread

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The best part of all about going to football no longer exists in the Premier League. FACT.

Completely and utterly this. I still go and want to go but it will never ever be as good whilst VAR is in place and that's a shame. There is absolutely nothing in the world to beat a spontaneous goal celebration and that has gone forever. If I'd been getting close to not bothering to go for whatever reason, VAR would have pushed me to call it a day.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Completely and utterly this. I still go and want to go but it will never ever be as good whilst VAR is in place and that's a shame. There is absolutely nothing in the world to beat a spontaneous goal celebration and that has gone forever. If I'd been getting close to not bothering to go for whatever reason, VAR would have pushed me to call it a day.

This.......kind of get where THPP is coming from but can also see that VAR could be the very large straw that breaks the camel’s back for many. Not necessarily the only reason but for many a very significant one. It’s sucking the very life out of the matchday experience.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

But at least be honest.

Wrong for me on those three counts. Am 63...can afford it ...live two miles from ground. Who do you think those who stop going need to save face with ?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

But at least be honest.

You are over simplifying the issue. If people go a bit less because of VAR there will be an impact. If perhaps they go to a handful of lower/ non league games and get a taste for it there will be an impact. People will make sacrifices for a game they enjoy but maybe less so for the VAR tainted version. It isn’t dishonest, it’s how people feel and it may take a while to act on it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
You are over simplifying the issue. If people go a bit less because of VAR there will be an impact. If perhaps they go to a handful of lower/ non league games and get a taste for it there will be an impact. People will make sacrifices for a game they enjoy but maybe less so for the VAR tainted version. It isn’t dishonest, it’s how people feel and it may take a while to act on it.

Football changes and the crowds change too . . . . I don't suppose there are many of the rattle waving older working classes from the East terraces in the 70's still going . . . . a lot of the boot boys from the early 80's have long since stopped . . . . . football just evolves along with everything else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

But at least be honest.

Keep a note of them and EXPECT them to be back as soon as we get relegated :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But at least be honest.

I agree with you completely.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wrong for me on those three counts. Am 63...can afford it ...live two miles from ground. Who do you think those who stop going need to save face with ?

Primarily themselves. And then those most closely around them. Fair play tho if it works for them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here