Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Pave the Jungle or Get a Decent Pair of Boots?

Pave the Jungle or Decent Boots

• Pave the Jungle

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Get Decent Boots

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Following on from all the crying over naughty words in songs and the like. Should we sanitise the world our young people are growing in to and protect them from unpalatable truths (pave the jungle) or encourage them to be informed, critical, strong, and resilient enough to cope with the nasty reality of it all (decent boots)?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Following on from all the crying over naughty words in songs and the like. Should we sanitise the world our young people are growing in to and protect them from unpalatable truths (pave the jungle) or encourage them to be informed, critical, strong, and resilient enough to cope with the nasty reality of it all (decent boots)?

There is only one answer.....

History always repeats itself...

Pave the streets and march over them in Steel Toe Cap Jack Boots....

Attachments

• boots15.jpg
    boots15.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 168

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ok; I'll play. 'Pave The Jungle' only really works on social media, where stuff you don't like can be cancelled virtually and virtuously. IRL? Not so much

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

C) cut down the jungle, to confine those uncomfortable truths into the history where they belong.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Need to get paving, but we're need to slash all pensions by 15% to cover the costs

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
We can try and improve the world for everyone, that's a given but problematic. The main problem is that most of the people who actually have massive power and influence are deeply flawed, corrupt and self serving.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Sorry, did poll before reading. Hate walking regalia and have always demanded mud is concreted over. However, I expose my children to swearing as I couldn't give a s**t about it. I also feel they need to see the world as it is, or they'll end up being a Tory or happy clappy Christian. So please amend my vote in the pole, if possible!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

All the crying I’ve seen is from people upset that derogatory terms for gay people are no longer considered acceptable in society, if you’re referring to the song I think you are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pave the jungle but also put on tough boots to tackle the next piece of wild jungle. Step by step together to make life better for everyone.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Pave the jungle but also put on tough boots to tackle the next piece of wild jungle. Step by step together to make life better for everyone.

Not in our life time we won't see a better world, and at the moment it seems everyone is taking off their flip flops and running barefoot through the brambles...

Our kids will probably have to put on the jack boots again at some point to level things out....

In america and various other super power countries it seems they are just lacing up their jack boots....

Crazy mixed up world, all walking, and running at different speeds and directions, we are always going to bump into each other.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gen Z Social Media Snowflakes not going to contribute anything meaningful anytime soon.

Crybabies gonna cry. The world is horrid to me.

Boo Fvcking Hoo

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
C) cut down the jungle, to confine those uncomfortable truths into the history where they belong.

And leave future generations to make the same mistakes because there is no history to learn from?

No thanks

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
decent boots. problem with paving the jungle is you have to pave the next, then the one after that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Put like that then decent boots is the only option (and how I try and bring up my two).

However, it needs to be framed with the thought that an awful lot of gammonny, broflakery "political correctness gone mad" rants are neither informed nor indeed critical, strong or resilient. They are the temper tantrums of bigots called to account.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
All the crying I’ve seen is from people upset that derogatory terms for gay people are no longer considered acceptable in society, if you’re referring to the song I think you are.

I have absolutely no desire to make such derogatory terms acceptable, my intention is to protect a piece of art from those that don't understand it. I would rather the song was banned from radio play altogether. That way folk that don't want to unintentionally hear that word won't have to.

It is absolutely possible to hear that word, understand that it is unacceptable today, but to also understand that there was a time it was deemed acceptable, and that cultural output from such a time can be consumed with that understanding in place.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Put like that then decent boots is the only option (and how I try and bring up my two).

However, it needs to be framed with the thought that an awful lot of gammonny, broflakery "political correctness gone mad" rants are neither informed nor indeed critical, strong or resilient. They are the temper tantrums of bigots called to account.

You make a valid point, which is why teaching critical thinking to young people is so important. That way they can spot the gammonny, broflakery "political correctness gone mad" rants a mile away.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Not in our life time we won't see a better world, and at the moment it seems everyone is taking off their flip flops and running barefoot through the brambles...

Our kids will probably have to put on the jack boots again at some point to level things out....

In america and various other super power countries it seems they are just lacing up their jack boots....

Crazy mixed up world, all walking, and running at different speeds and directions, we are always going to bump into each other.

Wonderfully put. There is so much in this world that is out of our control to affect.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You make a valid point, which is why teaching critical thinking to young people is so important. That way they can spot the gammonny, broflakery "political correctness gone mad" rants a mile away.

Yep. Simply going with "you're a racist" to everything without even thinking about it is just as bad. There's one user who does it on here all the time. The guy couldn't critically think his way out of Primary School.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yep. Simply going with "you're a racist" to everything without even thinking about it is just as bad. There's one user who does it on here all the time. The guy couldn't critically think his way out of Primary School.

Very frustrating. There is a post further up this thread that firmly pins me down as an homophobe for starting this :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here