Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Coffee machine - Tassimo, Dolce Gusto or Nespresso?

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Opinions?

Not for my self ( hate all coffee, personally ) but for the girlfriend for Christmas.

Pros and cons of each one? I wouldn’t say she’s a massive coffee drinker, 1 or 2 in the morning, and one in the evening most days... but she wants a coffee machine 🤷🏻*♂️

Thanks 😁

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Nespresso.
I have had all 3 and although it’s a personal taste thing, nespresso kicks the others into a cocked hat.
They also offer collection and recycling of their pods too

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
We have a Nespresso Lattissima Pro and love it. :thumbsup:

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Another vote for Nespresso De Longhi Lattisima. Used pods get collected when new pods get delivered. Good selection to choose from.
It's so easy to use and as a result I drink too much coffee.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I bought a Nespresso Vertuo at the start of first lockdown to replace my Costa/Nero habit at work.......absolutely love it, it makes a great cup of coffee. Huge range of coffee pods available, app for online ordering is great, machine is so simple to use, rarely needs any cleaning and there are very regular offers from Nespresso that bring the cost of pods down.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
Another vote for Nespresso De Longhi Lattisima. Used pods get collected when new pods get delivered. Good selection to choose from.
It's so easy to use and as a result I drink too much coffee.

We use the Sainsbury's "Intenso 9" pods... make a great espresso :thumbsup:

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Just waiting for an Amazon link from [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ��

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I'd personally go for a more traditional barista style/espresso machine. More expensive up front (c. £500), but cheaper per coffee thereafter.

All down to personal taste I know, but I haven't yet tried a pod-produced coffee that comes anywhere close to the flavour I can get by making coffee using one of these. I believe they are getting better, but the environmental impact of the pods themselves also puts me off (we got some compostable ones for a holiday cottage stay before lockdown II, but they weren't very good...)

coffee_.jpg

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Nespresso for me too - I'm drinking one now. (it'd normally be cafetiere, as it's cheaper, but I couldn't be bothered this morning so chose speed and simplicity).

Pro tip: All Nespresso machines* have the same internal workings, so the coffee quality should be identical - thus choose on price and other features as required (e.g. do you *need* a built-in milk frother...?)

* except Vertuo, which is different and makes larger cups, but then all of *them* have the same workings

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Nespresso all the way, had them for over 20 years now and since covid I use it 3x a day. I would love to say I’m still using the original machine but I am on machine #3 and it is a thing of beauty!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We had a Kitchen aid machine, lasted 14 years with a few services before it finally expired. sorely missed.

we're roughing it with a lavazza machine with compostable pods until house renovations are complete, then I will be going to town on a proper machine.

I had the pod things, should be banned, aluminium maybe recyclable but is a hideous waste of energy to do it.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I take it Nespresso only do espresso coffee but the others do cappuccino and latte's too?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Another another one for nespresso [emoji106]

I’ve been a member of nespresso for more than 7 years. We get through a lot of pods ... around 10 on an average day. The simplicity is what wins for me - especially for that coffee first thing in the morning.

But ... we have now moved away from buying our capsules from nespresso as they are much more expensive than alternatives from supermarkets. We have tried various other brands and found ones that are as good as nespresso. The pods I was getting from nespresso are now £3.60 and £3.80 a sleeve of 10. Instead I pay £2.50 for a couple of different brands at Tesco. We are Clubcard Plus members and so on 2 shops a month you can get 10% off your shop ... so we load up with coffee (and wine and gin [emoji23])!

I still recycle all of the pods by taking them to https://recyclinginlancing.org.uk who are involved with Terracycle - which also results in money going to local charities. And I cycle to them with my pods and other bits that they take.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would heartily recommend a Sunbeam coffee machine. Will cost you less than £150, makes real filter coffee in about two minutes, will steam/heat your milk.

We bought one three years ago, and as someone who rarely drank coffee (and thinks it is far too ‘kin pretentious these days) I thought it would end up at the back of a cupboard unused. Massive wrong! Gets used EVERY weekend by me, and at least a couple of times a week by the Mrs.

Capsules, pods? Meh.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Had a Dolce Gusto machine for a few years but didn't rate the coffee at all, plus the pods are expensive and supermarkets don't seem to offer an own-brand alternative to these (ended up going back to the stove top espresso maker)

Bought myself one of these earlier in the year and so far have been absolutely delighted with it:
https://www.johnlewis.com/de'longhi...wT6V56T5UsAFyp4NgsQaArGUEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
If you're using pre-ground coffee it actually doesn't take much longer than the pod machine, is massively cheaper per cup and, most importantly, the coffee is much, much better!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We've got a Delonghi Dedica and use it daily. Easy to clean and descale and we like the fact that we're not beholden to whats inside a pod - we can pick and choose beans, and blend as we feel. Plus the additional environmental impact of pods makes me a sad panda. But mainly the coffee is ****ing delicious. As ideal for espresso martinis as it is for a flat white. Plenty of change from £200.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here