Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The new 'profesional foul' - stamping on the foot

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has definitely increased in the last few years to the point it has become a thing. Get near the oncoming player and plant a foot on theirs. It ****ing hurts, and the offender generally gets away with it.

This must be a deliberate play, one that is coached. What the ****?

The officials need to stamp down on it.

No poll, because we all know this is wrong. My question is: am I right in thinking this is something now on the increase?

It has been around a long time of course. I was playing against a senior team (40+) of jocks (jentlemen of S-cottish origin) in Vancouver, in 1985, and one of the dirty b'stards stamped on my foot during a melee at a corner. It was quite deliberate, and I was outraged. But...it was all seen as part and parcel, man's game, etc. I considered it an assault and I do now. So when will action be taken vis a vis the bloody rules and the sodding officials? ??? :rant:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not something I've noticed and I have a hard time seeing it would be more common now than back when half of the playes would have been locked up somewhere if they werent footballers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sorry Harry but you’ve not got this thread starting right...where’s the comment about how crap one of players is :whistle:

It was a discussion thread. I was hoping for both sides of the argument and some genuine insight into what I'm missing:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They should go back to wearing proper boots then, even if they are rich enough to employ someone to screw the studs in for them before the start of every match (they can Dubbin them at the same time).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They should go back to wearing proper boots then, even if they are rich enough to employ someone to screw the studs in for them before the start of every match (they can Dubbin them at the same time).

Steel toecaps.

I'm IN!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe given the crackdown on tackles from behind this is the new way of letting an opposition player know they are in for a tough time.
Alternatively it's nothing new but with the ability to get better close ups from cameras combined with the fact that all players would instantly fall to the ground shouting out in pain while filling around holding the foot stamped on its become more of a discussion point from commentators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here