Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Would you prefer Cheddar or Brie?

Do you prefer Cheddar or Brie?

• Cheddar

Votes: 88 76.5%
  • Brie

Votes: 27 23.5%

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A bacon brie and cranberry ciabatta lightly toasted is a thing of beauty, however, desert island scenario, can only take one type of cheese, got to be a good thoroughly matured cheddar hasn't it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Comté, Roquefort and Tomme is the correct answer.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cheddar and Brie not comparable chesse not a plough mans without cheddar nor is it a baked round if it's not Brie or something similar.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If it was for cheese's sake I would say brie, but if it was for versatility it'd have to be cheddar.

Plenty of good English bries these days though, particularly the Cornish variety.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Doesn’t really work. Both cheeses serve different functions on the plate.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Roquefot is the most pretentious cheese ever made. It's the king of name dropping cheese. "oh yes, a sheppard left his cheese lunch overnight in a cave in a place called Roquefort and when he came back, the cheese had turned into Roquefort...what were the chances!?" blah blah oh Tarquin, he's got a lovely Roquefort in...

Too much? ???

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Really depends on the standard of cheese. From Sainsbury's directly, definitely Brie. Give me a Black Bomber over pretty much any other cheese though. That's a special Cheddar.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Mature Cheddar for me mostly but fine with the runny ones once in a while.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Many supermarkets try to trick people into buying Cathedral city I think by putting it everywhere in special offer although many smaller mid market brands of Cheddar taste far nicer . Maybe they earn more money from that make.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Very situational tbh, Cheddar is a great all rounder in terms of it's versatility however Brie rightfully holds a place at the cheeseboard top table.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Winter - Cheddar, especially in Welsh rarebit

Summer - hard to beat a very ripe and runny Brie with some fresh french bread and a glass of red wine. Camembert is up there too.

Both are great!

Got to love the variety of threads on NSC

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

It's clearly not the correct answer to the question "would you prefer Cheddar or Brie?"

I agree with [MENTION=424]Papak[/MENTION]. Cheddar is the cheese I have in the fridge at all times. A good cheddar is great on its own, but it is also great for melting on toast, grating, adding to food etc. I tend to only buy Brie for special occasions, usually to have on crackers at Christmas.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Winter - Cheddar, especially in Welsh rarebit

Summer - hard to beat a very ripe and runny Brie with some fresh french bread and a glass of red wine. Camembert is up there too.

Both are great!

Got to love the variety of threads on NSC

Cheddar in Welsh Rarebit? :nono:

Clue is in the name - has to be Caerphilly, if none available Wensleydale is a reasonable substitute followed by Cheshire. Bugger had Gammon Egg and Chips earlier and this is making me hungry again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here