Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's best own goals

SCassidy

Dec 2, 2020
Sorry if this thread has been done before - I'm new to the forum.

When my friend and I were discussing how angry we were at the nature of the defeat on Monday, we tried to give ourselves a bit of perspective. We recalled a game against Colchester at the Withdean on Boxing day (I think) about 11 or 12 years ago, in which Adam Hinshlewood scored a cracker of an own goal from well outside his area.

I looked for it on youtube and it's there, along with another brilliant own goal from Collin Hawkins!

Are these the best Albion own goals in history?

youtube.com/watch?v=MG39b-vstPQ

The video title is 'Worst Own Goals EVER', but frankly I think they're beautiful.

We've come a long, long way.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Colin Hawkins bullet header had total comedic value, I remember most of the crowd laughing at it. Poor Colin, he was a lovely fella as well. :lolol:

Travelling 7 hours on the coach to Anfield to watch Dunk keepy uppy into his own net was also a fantastic highlight, we scored 3 own goals that day, Wonder if that’s ever been ‘beaten’?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Colin Hawkins bullet header had total comedic value, I remember most of the crowd laughing at it. Poor Colin, he was a lovely fella as well. :lolol:

Travelling 7 hours on the coach to Anfield to watch Dunk keepy uppy into his own net was also a fantastic highlight, we scored 3 own goals that day, Wonder if that’s ever been ‘beaten’?

I think we scored 3 own goals that day with Bridcutt getting the other 2. Me and my mates piled off the coach looking for a pub and one decided to have an asthma attack so we dropped him at the Annfield stewards and St John's ambulance whilst we went to the pub.

Dean Hammonds bullet header against Blackpool at the Amex when we won 6-1 was also a beauty.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

When my friend and I were discussing how angry we were at the nature of the defeat on Monday, we tried to give ourselves a bit of perspective. We recalled a game against Colchester at the Withdean on Boxing day (I think) about 11 or 12 years ago, in which Adam Hinshlewood scored a cracker of an own goal from well outside his area.

I looked for it on youtube and it's there, along with another brilliant own goal from Collin Hawkins!

The video title is 'Worst Own Goals EVER', but frankly I think they're beautiful.

The AH one was a particular delight. I was sitting right behind the goal for that one and it was going in the moment it left his boot.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Dunk's at Anfield surely takes some beating. It seemed like his "keepy-uppy" juggling of the ball went on for ages before the inevitable happened.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be The Hawk's bullet header shirley? Tho seem to recall Hinsh The Younger trickling one in from about about thirty yards out. Maybe even both in the same season? :lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

[emoji1787] The "****ing Hell" on the Hinsh clip. Hillaire.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shame on you old timers.

What about Ian Chapman smashing one in from about 6 yards v Leeds (?) at The Goldstone.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hammond against either Wolves or Blackpool in his second coming for us.

Brilliant diving header.

Yes, that one just popped into my head. I'm pretty sure it was the Blackpool game we won 6-1, scoring all 7 goals. It was a cracking finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here