Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where were you born (Sussex born people ignore this thread)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So if you had to follow a team close to your birthplace who would you be supporting?

I was born in Nottingham so I guess I’d probably have chosen Forest over County

What fun I would have had. Clough and Taylor, First Division winners, two European Cups...things would have been a bit grim over the last couple of decades though

You?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sussex.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Exeter City

years and years of the bottom two divisions and 5 years old of the football league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:goal:

A simple tap in.

Followed by 20 minutes of VAR checks.
A 30 minute breakdown in the post game analysis.
Then finally acceptance that 'these things work out over the course of a season'.

The exact mantra VAR was bought in to stamp out!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The old workhouse in Brighton (temporarily re-opened because of a diphtheria (?) epidemic in the maternity ward which killed several, including nurses, I believe).

Once I had discovered this, I could always embarrass my dear late mother, who was always mortified about it!

Edit: Oh, sorry - missed the second part of the thread title.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For the record, I was born in Wegberg, Germany (my dad was in the RAF)
Local team would be Borussia Mönchengladbach.

But after being born, my dad moved back to blighty a month later, where parents settled in Hastings :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Merton. Wimbledon would have been my team but we moved south when I was only 5. However, had we stayed I suspect I'd have made use of the underground to get to somewhere in north London.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I was born in Shoreham, my mother in Rustington, my father in Cape Town. . . My mum was adopted, all her family (maternal, natural and adopted bizarrely) were saaf East London. Brockley, is a kbown adress, So Charlton FC. Those we still know are still local, Denmark Hill . . . Perilously close to hell!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Born in Huddersfield, but looking into my family history, Illingworth in Halifax is where we originally come from. My grandad moved for work as Huddersfield had large industrial factories and Halifax was practically all mills. My family on my dads side were all mill workers of one kind or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here