Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football tonight

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesn't matter. As long as a decent 50% of the highlights is the players taking the knee, I'm right on! Kicking a football around? - pfft.

At least, that is SSN's take.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Football on Mumsnet ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Doesn't matter. As long as a decent 50% of the highlights is the players taking the knee, I'm right on! Kicking a football around? - pfft.

At least, that is SSN's take.

Millwall have stated that they're not taking the knee, but standing arm in arm with the QPR players.

If the Millwall fans still boo at that it will be very disappointing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Millwall have stated that they're not taking the knee, but standing arm in arm with the QPR players.

If the Millwall fans still boo at that it will be very disappointing.
That is the perfect response from Millwall. In favour of equality and an end to discrimination, but not supporting, or appearing to support, BLM, the political wing that has hijacked black lives matter for its own agenda, in the same way that the EDF and quasi-nazi Tommy what's-'is-name have hijacked the flag of England.
Booing Millwall's response would indeed be reprehensible.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I would like to watch Chester v Hereford but unfortunately it isn’t on tv. They are having a pilot for re-admitting fans with STH only allowed. Making do with Millwall v QPR. I watched the arm holding/taking the knee on Sky news and was informed it was booed which quite clearly was not the case. There was a mix of clapping and ‘Millllllwalllllll’. When I switched over to the game the commentator confirmed. Journalists, such tinkers.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
4th official racially abused the IBFK assisyant coach

Apparently he referred to him (Pierre Webo) as "this black guy", but in Romanian (negru). Mic then picked up the ref saying "I said black, not negro". Will be interesting to see what this results in except for the mandatory 30 page thread appearing on NSC within 24 hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here