Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Do You Give Your Postie a Christmas Tip?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Seeing as we’re all done with football, it’s time to move onto more important things - if you do tip your postman/woman, how much do you usually give? (advance apologies for intrusive question)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not automatically, depends how he's been throughout the year, though usually we bung them a fiver. Milkman gets a tenner as he does a sterling job all year round.

D

Deleted member 2719

I will this year as we have an understanding now. That is not to ring then run rather than wait a few seconds and make me go into the post office because he wants to rush his round.
The milkman will definitely get one as it is a more challenging job and he has even given us a Christmas card.

D

Deleted member 2719

I knew a postie who main skill was delivering french letters to his customers.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes, £5 or £10 depending what’s handy and whether we’re feeling generous. He worked all thru lockdown and brought a sense of normality to these strange times. We gave him a voucher during the first lockdown as a little thank you

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, something I was brought up to do although I no longer tip the dustmen (I think they are called refuse collectors these days) as it’s not the same job as it used to be when they physically carried large bins of waste fro the back of the house to the front and emptied it manually into the cart. All a bit easier today.
The postie is someone you get to chat to and engage with - they can be very helpful people.

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Of course - he’s friendly, helpful, works hard in all weathers and as far as we’re concerned is one of the key worker stars of 2020.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Would do if it was the same one but since our regular one retired they seem to rotate a number of posties on our round.

I will tip the Bin Men, they have never stopped working through both Lockdowns...

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I would imagine their workload has tripled since the pandemic with everyone ordering stuff they don't really need online .

Add now the Christmas rush and it must be a hard job , I've no idea how they find all the addresses here in Wales as there's generally no numbers just house names, which must be tricky for new Posties to figure out .

So yes my regular postie gets a very good tip .

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Yep.

Always tip delivery drivers as well.

Used to tip the bin men but haven't done that for quite a few years now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I moved home in August. I used to tip my old postie £20 at Xmas, but won't tip my new one as he's a moany git. Conversely, I didn't used to tip the bin men at the old place as they were a miserable bunch, but the new lot are excellent and will get a tip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here