Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where to strengthen in January?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Think goalkeeper is a must and maybe a box to box pacey midfielder.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
According to Polish media, Moder will be joining Brighton in January so thats the box-to-box midfielder you are asking for.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's really not like me, but....

I'm beginning to see the argument for replacing Maty.

I feel bad for thinking it.

It might be one of those ones that we regret.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's really not like me, but....

I'm beginning to see the argument for replacing Maty.

I feel bad for thinking it.

It might be one of those ones that we regret.

I fear you’re right. Couldn’t do much about either goal tonight, but, as I put on another thread, the number of goals we’ve conceded compared to our expected goals (xg) conceded is really poor, which basically means that the keeper is being beaten too often from positions where a striker wouldn’t normally be expected to score.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah Moder looks the real deal to me. Pretty much a complete midfielder. Unit too.
Really, really excited to see him. Begs the question what of Alzate and Molumby though. AND Davy of course!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I know this might sound completely mental considering our previous window’s business, but left footed centre back, a back up left wing back (recall the polish lad) and maybe a keeper, but a permanent deal not a young loanee. Would take an older keeper on loan as a stop gap.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I know this might sound completely mental considering our previous window’s business, but left footed centre back, a back up left wing back (recall the polish lad) and maybe a keeper, but a permanent deal not a young loanee. Would take an older keeper on loan as a stop gap.

We might as well get rid of Bernardo. He really has lost his way.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I fear you’re right. Couldn’t do much about either goal tonight, but, as I put on another thread, the number of goals we’ve conceded compared to our expected goals (xg) conceded is really poor, which basically means that the keeper is being beaten too often from positions where a striker wouldn’t normally be expected to score.

I don't think you can lay all of the xga against the keeper, but some of it must be.

The thing is Mary really doesn't drop many clangers. He rarely (if ever) costs us PTS.
However equally he rarely pulls off a worldwide to win us points either.

The phrase nothing he could do about the goals is often said and is absolutely true.
It would just be nice to be saying he had no right to save those, but somehow he did.
I can only really think of one in that category since he's been with us

Probably a case of be careful what you wish dor

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
We might as well get rid of Bernardo. He really has lost his way.

Just don’t think potter fancies him tbh, don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough to play LWB and too erratic to play CB. Noticed he moved house recently as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hope you've got deep pockets!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Hope you've got deep pockets!

Ideally I’d promote from within but I don’t know who could fill these roles who would be first team ready, Matt Clarke maybe for left footed CB? You are right, we’ve built a £40 million academy needs to stop bearing first team fruits on the reg instead of ploughing £50 million into the squad every window.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Romero can leave United for £2million. 96 caps for Argentina. 190cm tall.
Wages high, but maybe no higher than Lallana/Welbs.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't think you can lay all of the xga against the keeper, but some of it must be.

The thing is Mary really doesn't drop many clangers. He rarely (if ever) costs us PTS.
However equally he rarely pulls off a worldwide to win us points either.

The phrase nothing he could do about the goals is often said and is absolutely true.
It would just be nice to be saying he had no right to save those, but somehow he did.
I can only really think of one in that category since he's been with us

Probably a case of be careful what you wish dor

Maybe had he collected the ball as it came over from left it might not have let them win the corner. It's not all about shot stopping.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Ideally I’d promote from within but I don’t know who could fill these roles who would be first team ready, Matt Clarke maybe for left footed CB? You are right, we’ve built a £40 million academy needs to stop bearing first team fruits on the reg instead of ploughing £50 million into the squad every window.

I think spending was closer to £50K than £50M last window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here