Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have to get used to it

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Lets be honest most of us would take 16th now.

All this pie in the sky about us being a top 10 side needs to be put to bed. I think with the team and players we have 12th-16th is the best we can hope for and Potter is doing ok.

In this league all 15 teams above us have better budgets and are bigger clubs think only the 4 teams below us I would call smaller clubs so 16th is a about right place for us with the current team we have and Potter is doing ok.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

All this pie in the sky about us being a top 10 side needs to be put to bed. I think with the team and players we have 12th-16th is the best we can hope for and Potter is doing ok.

In this league all 15 teams above us have better budgets and are bigger clubs think only the 4 teams below us I would call smaller clubs so 16th is a about right place for us with the current team we have and Potter is doing ok.

But watching us is so bloody frustrating.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Do you understand what a long term goal is?

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We are just so slow to everything.........Simples !

Bite hand off for 16th, because I cannot see anything changing.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Potter is not doing ok. Don't allow yourself to think that. We are a shambles.

Sorry mate but you are taking rubbish we are doing ok our goal difference is only -3 its a fine line at this high level between success and nearly men

We have quality in our side that would piss all over the league below but in this league we are getting punished for not taking our chances and being up against players like Ings in this league they just need one chance .

Until we if we ever get to that level I think that 16th and staying up for a 4th season would be a great achievement

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We are still new comers in the premier league, a lot of clubs have got relegated within the first 2 seasons after promotion. We are slowly making steady progress.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Get the feeling the "Top 10" thing is going to become a bit of a millstone like the "One ambition" line did when Hyppia was driving us off a cliff every week

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Many of us said at the end of the window we’d had an average window. We’re an average team. Not bad, but lacking a bit of quality, particularly in the final third. Connolly is a not at the level to start in the Prem.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Of course I do but its a goal and at the moment in my view we are doing the best we can as a club and as a team every one of the other 91 clubs in the league have long term goals

So if you understand what a goal is, then not finishing top 10 this season does not make it pie in the sky does it?

It’s a challenge, often used in life or business, to focus our aim on a challenging but possible target.

Under Tony as a club it is our long term goal to finish top 10. And I think it’s realistic, it may be this season, or next. But hardly pie in the sky. And certainly not just because we lost to a good Southampton team today. That would be a bit knee jerk... don’t you think.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Second best tonight if I'm being brutally honest but Southampton to their credit are a very good side and the league table doesn't lien. We're making progress and tonight was a bad day at the office, we move on.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
So if you understand what a goal is, then not finishing top 10 this season does not make it pie in the sky does it?

It’s a challenge, often used in life or business, to focus our aim on a challenging but possible target.

Under Tony as a club it is our long term goal to finish top 10. And I think it’s realistic, it may be this season, or next. But hardly pie in the sky. And certainly not just because we lost to a good Southampton team today. That would be a bit knee jerk... don’t you think.

My own personal view is it will take at least another 5 seasons of building before we could even think about top 10 but of course it would be great to get there this year. But I do worry that we could sleep walk into a battle this year to stay up.
Tony Bloom understands of course on a lot higher level than me so mine of course is just an opinion.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
We didn’t invest at the top end of the pitch in the summer, this is the result.
I thought Maupay did more in 20 minutes than Connolly did in 70. White in midfield makes some sense against top 6 but not against Soton at home. Has Alzate killed Potter’s cat or something?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bad day at the office. gross had a couple of decent chances. He takes one of those and the to e would be very different on here.

We are a work in progress.
With an exceptionally hard start to the season.
We are about where we should be.
Southampton controlled the game in the second half.
It isn't a reflection on where we will finish this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here