Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton and Hove Albion League One Champions 2010-11

OTLB

Dec 5, 2020
I am an avid EFL and non-league fan and run a blog dedicated to such. We have launched an Advent Calendar this month, with each day looking back at a past EFL and non-league winner.

Today, the EFL winner is Brighton and Hove Albion from 2010-11.

We took a look back at the season, some of the key results and some of the big wins along the way as Gus Poyet lead you into the Championship.

Be great to have a read and reminisce about your title win back in your EFL days, which fingers crossed you won't be experiencing again any time soon. Enjoy reading!

https://offtheline599656488.wordpress.com/2020/12/06/off-the-line-xmas-advent-calendar-day-6/

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I am an avid EFL and non-league fan and run a blog dedicated to such. We have launched an Advent Calendar this month, with each day looking back at a past EFL and non-league winner.

We took a look back at the season, some of the key results and some of the big wins along the way as Gus Poyet lead you into the Championship.

Be great to have a read and reminisce about your title win back in your EFL days, which fingers crossed you won't be experiencing again any time soon. Enjoy reading!

https://offtheline599656488.wordpress.com/2020/12/06/off-the-line-xmas-advent-calendar-day-6/

Marcos Painter was a left back, not a forward.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

".............Dagenham and Redbridge at home knowing that a win would seal their feat and a spot in the Championship. The game was the perfect display of their qualities, with Albion showing all their attacking prowess and battling qualities as they came from behind twice to win 4-3 and secure promotion. The remainder of April was to perhaps take some shine of their promotion, with Albion going the final four games of the season without a win.........

Apart from our 3-1 win to secure our place as champions at Walsall four days later.....................

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
So the guy posts a blog honouring your team for a noteworthy season and all you do is criticise?

#doingthingstherightway #classybha

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I happen to enjoy EFL, and non-league football, and I appreciate it when others mark noteworthy things.

I think your League 1 championship season should be celebrated, not berated.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
".............Dagenham and Redbridge at home knowing that a win would seal their feat and a spot in the Championship. The game was the perfect display of their qualities, with Albion showing all their attacking prowess and battling qualities as they came from behind twice to win 4-3 and secure promotion. The remainder of April was to perhaps take some shine of their promotion, with Albion going the final four games of the season without a win.........

Apart from our 3-1 win to secure our place as champions at Walsall four days later.....................

Which was the 5th to last game. He's right, we did go our last 4 games without a win: Southampton (1-2), Colchester (1-1), Huddersfield (2-3) and Notts County (1-1). Good blog though. Always nice to re-live those times. It was easily one of my favourite ever Albion seasons.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The final game of the season, whilst not a classic on the pitch was bloody brilliant in the stands.

Notts County needed a point to stay up and Greer's own goal secured it for them. There was a pitch invasion which culminated in their fans chanting "we are staying up" at us and us chanting "we are going up" in response. Loved it.

Excellent night in Nottingham as well.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The final game of the season, whilst not a classic on the pitch was bloody brilliant in the stands.

Notts County needed a point to stay up and Greer's own goal secured it for them. There was a pitch invasion which culminated in their fans chanting "we are staying up" at us and us chanting "we are going up" in response. Loved it.

Excellent night in Nottingham as well.

Some fans started a konga line on my train home (I think because someone said Tony Bloom was in first class, I was only 13 or so, so don't remember the exact facts), until they got to the Buffet Carriage and the woman behind the counter pulled the emergency cord and the train ground to a halt outside of Kettering and the Bedfordshire constabulary boarded. A very drunk fan spent most of the journey trying to sell my mum a tub of butter for 25p.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Which was the 5th to last game. He's right, we did go our last 4 games without a win: Southampton (1-2), Colchester (1-1), Huddersfield (2-3) and Notts County (1-1). Good blog though. Always nice to re-live those times. It was easily one of my favourite ever Albion seasons.
Fair enough - it just didn't seem right that that brilliant afternoon at Walsall should be ignored!

Still, at least in 2011 we got away with resting on our laurels, unlike 6 years later!

OTLB

Dec 5, 2020

Thanks for the comments mate, much appreciated. Hope you enjoyed a look back on your fantastic season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here