Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disciplinary record.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Ours really isn't that great this season,is it?
Only club to have had 3 sent off, 15 yellows, highest free kicks conceded, and joint top of penalties conceded.

This is already hurting us, but, I don't really see us and a dirty team.One red( Lampteys) was a joke, the other 2, were justified. A few of the yellows have been in the harsh side, but, a lot are for all teams now, and as we know, a couple of those penalties were dubious ,to say the least.

So, are we a dirty team, are we hard but fair, or are we unlucky?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ours really isn't that great this season,is it?
Only club to have had 3 sent off, 15 yellows, highest free kicks conceded, and joint top of penalties conceded.

We have played a lot of the ref’s favourite big teams though :smile:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Top 5 cleanest last season.

There is a lot of randomness to it. The Bissouma red card was accidental and the Lamptey red card was wrong. Sure, could be better about the conceded penalties and free-kicks but in the latter category I dont really care, giving away a free-kick is a lot of the time better than the option of facing a dangerous counter-attack etc. I take being too strong and rough over being too weak and friendly every day of the week when it comes to football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember one of our recent championship seasons we went through pretty much every game seeing our opponents foul more than us, and get more yellow cards than us, yet somehow we were the team that fouled most and got most yellow cards over the whole season season. It was like "games involving Brighton" contained more fouls and yellow cards than average, and all of our games were "games involving Brighton" whereas everyone else just had two of them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When you look at Ben White getting booked for an excellent challenge, (not to mention his other card against Man U), then you have to conclude that we are not in any way a dirty side.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
When you look at Ben White getting booked for an excellent challenge, (not to mention his other card against Man U), then you have to conclude that we are not in any way a dirty side.
To be fair he should have been booked after 10 mins last weekend for a cynical stop of a Liverpool attack. The evening up for a perfect tackle was laughable

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Last year I thought we needed to toughen up a bit so sort of pleased we are now seen as a harder team, we just need to get a bit more subtle about it. That said two of the red cards really were OTT and even Dunk's was not as bad as many fouls that get ignored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here