Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Enough is enough

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
threads like this.
softly mocking anyone who might have non approved views.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Obviously what you put was way over my old head (75), sorry to have misinterpreted your post. But on the matter of BLM I have relatives and former work colleagues who now live into USA and they say BLM or Black Lives Movement are very dangerous, just saying..........

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Good man. I certainly didn't intend to offend you or anyone else in your situation.

BLM in America is two things, a 'meme' (an idea, if you like, on a par with 'being nice') and a small political organisation keen to exploit the meme for their own purposes. A bit like spirituality versus the various sects like 'Church of Christ' that are dangerous cults.

It is important to not mix up the one with the other. ???

All the best :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Strictly
X Factor
The Voice
Gemma Collins
Piers Morgan
Steve McManaman
Laura Kuensberg, Beth Whatsherface off Sky and Robert Peston

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Sick and bloody tired of people suggesting that an issue is complicated and needs careful analysis. Whats wrong with good old "common sense" and the "pub test'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What have you had enough of? You know, do gooders, who may have had a point at the time (although that's debatable) but now it is just boring and actually counter productive. Here is my list:

Black lives matter (obviously)
Poppy day (FFS, the war was decades ago)
Church on Sunday (why every bloody Sunday?)
Giving up your seat for a lady (why not travel when it's less crowded, FFS)
Putting a shilling under a child's pillow when they lose a tooth. They have more than two dozen FFS - it's a bloody racket)
Putting flowers on the grave of a dead loved one. I mean, do they really care? Come on!

OK, so enough is enough of what?

Black lives matter - yep; won't convert a single racist, and pisses off many who are in support of the fight against racism.

Poppy day - no, will buy a poppy (and wear it with pride) every year of my life, and will watch the events at the Cenotaph and get quite emotional.

Church on Sunday (why every bloody Sunday?) - used to love the ritual and the music - and singing it; tailed off rapidly after my voice broke. Still a big fan of carols at Christmas though.

Giving up your seat for a lady (why not travel when it's less crowded, FFS) - sadly more often that a lady will give up her seat for me these days!

Putting a shilling under a child's pillow when they lose a tooth. (They have more than two dozen FFS - it's a bloody racket) - a shilling? - a f***ing shilling for FFS! Were your kids shedding their baby teeth before 1971? Just how old are you? Even my (rather later) lot wanted more than a f***ing shilling!

Putting flowers on the grave of a dead loved one. I mean, do they really care? Enough is enough? No - the people who care for the people who died do it. It makes us feel better (slightly).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
'celebrities' and 'stars' that are vapid, talentless, space wasting, oxygen stealing, non-entities that are 'famous' for being on some mind numbing, trite, brain deadening show - as well as the shows themselves like Big Brother, Made in Essex and all other crap 'reality' shows.

Also other 'reality' shows that regurgitate has-been Celebs who are so talentless they can't get work unless they are stuck in a jungle or a house with others has beens or forced to skate on ice or do the tango around a dance floor with the grace of walrus on rollerblades.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The fact that my Mrs knows more words to the star spangled banner than she does God save the Queen thanks to our "Sir, yes sir, Mr President Sir" spoon fed TV.
USA, USA, USA!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Refugees - I mean so what if we bombed the **** out of or destabilised your country for political gain, doesn't give you the right to turn up on our doorstep with your hand out.

It's like if I went around my neighbour's place and left a steaming turd in his lounge, wouldn't give him the right to gather around my hard-earned Christmas tree.

Every bloody year we go through this!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I hope that a lot of the stuff on this thread has been said ‘tongue in cheek ‘. Otherwise there is a lot of unpleasant opinions about.
Let’s recognise that the world is made up of all sorts of people with different views. Thank God we are able to be different. Let others do what they will as long as I am allowed to be me.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Obviously what you put was way over my old head (75), sorry to have misinterpreted your post. But on the matter of BLM I have relatives and former work colleagues who now live into USA and they say BLM or Black Lives Movement are very dangerous, just saying..........

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Do they wear pointy white hats and burn crosses on black people’s lawns.

Jesus wept. It’s not hard. If black people were treated as equal as white people then we wouldn’t need the BLM movement.

As someone that has lived in various parts of America over the last 8 1/2 years I’d say it’s very important to the future of the country.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A "French Breakfast" is just one boiled egg, because in France, one egg is ......... un oeuf. Sorry.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
..wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists,
union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby- pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue- sniffers, 'Play For Today', squatters, Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?[/QUOTE left handers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here