Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Enough is enough

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m still trying to understand why Black Lives Matter is virtue signaling but wearing a poppy isn’t?

:thumbsup:

I started wearing a poppy (again) a few years ago when I was educated about the symbolism (and chairity) that is as important today as it was in 1945. I support it unequivocally.

Anyone queasy about, or opposed to BLM might benefit by opening their ears and eyes a bit.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry - You've been drinking!! :lolol:

By the way there is no such thing as 'Poppy Day' and the Poppy Appeal is for those who have served in all wars, the two blokes that I stood with selling Poppies outside Waitrose were both veterans, one served in Bosnia and the other Afghanistan. When I sloped off at Lunchtime our relief was an ex-Royal Marine Commando who served in Korea (I'm proud to say Storrington has raised over £4000 so far with some more to come).

Putting Flowers on the Grave is obviously for you rather than them, whenever Mrs Jakarta and I visit Cheshire where my Dad's Ashes are interred we put flowers there as it means He's not forgotten by us. Same as when we send flowers down Ipley Stream in the New Forest where both her parents Ashes were scattered.

Can't disagree with the others but perhaps the OP is just being a little tinker and I have been Wooshed...

Mate, you have been so whooshed that the wind-wake has blown what remains of your hair off :lolol:

You silly bugger. I'll PM you.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
..wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists,
union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby- pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue- sniffers, 'Play For Today', squatters, Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I’m still trying to understand why Black Lives Matter is virtue signaling but wearing a poppy isn’t?
My favourite remains the time David Cameron and team went to China to try to be diplomatic to a country that still has many issues with Great Britain forcing opium on the population - and indeed fought two wars to ensure that China could get addicted to it, including destroying the Old Summer Palace in Beijing during that way - with each member of the delegation all wearing what looked like an opium poppies on their jackets when they arrived.

A nice reminder that a symbol for one set of people is not the same for another and that virtue signally doesn't always have the result you expect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
..wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists,
union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby- pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue- sniffers, 'Play For Today', squatters, Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?

Jimmy Anderson, I salute you :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Brilliant.

A character after Nigel’s heart.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Liberal lefty lawyers,Experts, we've had enough of them ,immigrants from the EU, EU making our poor ex-pats leave their lovely retirement homes in the sun, Looney lefty media, pushing Comrade Corbyns Marxist nonsense,making easiest trade deals in History, sunny bloody uplands instead of flooded Kent lorry parks.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Utterly brilliant.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
What have you had enough of? You know, do gooders, who may have had a point at the time (although that's debatable) but now it is just boring and actually counter productive. Here is my list:

Black lives matter (obviously)
Poppy day (FFS, the war was decades ago)
Church on Sunday (why every bloody Sunday?)
Giving up your seat for a lady (why not travel when it's less crowded, FFS)
Putting a shilling under a child's pillow when they lose a tooth. They have more than two dozen FFS - it's a bloody racket)
Putting flowers on the grave of a dead loved one. I mean, do they really care? Come on!
Poppy's arent just about the two World Wars it's about all the wars and conflicts where brave men lost their lives so you make a comment like this, also I lost my wife 11yrs ago and the one small comfort my daughter and I get is to visit the garden of Remembrance at the crematorium and sit by the memorial tree in her name. Small comfort and something one day in your you may get to appreciate and understand.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poppy's arent just about the two World Wars it's about all the wars and conflicts where brave men lost their lives so you make a comment like this, also I lost my wife 11yrs ago and the one small comfort my daughter and I get is to visit the garden of Remembrance at the crematorium and sit by the memorial tree in her name. Small comfort and something one day in your you may get to appreciate and understand.

Have you seen any of my posts in the past? Do you actually think I would start a thread to mock the bereaved? I'm sorry to have touched a nerve but do give me a little credit. My little list was meant to illustrate attitudes that are obviously wrong, and 'enough is enough' and the first item on my list should alert the reader to my intent. It would sadden me further if you are among those who 'obviously' think that we have had enough of BLM. Hopefully this isn't the case. And I'm sorry I have upset you.

My best wishes.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
All these liberal, woke, luvvie, BBC woriking, other-people-liking folk who stop me saying what I want to say

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Have you seen any of my posts in the past? Do you actually think I would start a thread to mock the bereaved? I'm sorry to have touched a nerve but do give me a little credit. My little list was meant to illustrate attitudes that are obviously wrong, and 'enough is enough' and the first item on my list should alert the reader to my intent. It would sadden me further if you are among those who 'obviously' think that we have had enough of BLM. Hopefully this isn't the case. And I'm sorry I have upset you.

My best wishes.
Obviously what you put was way over my old head (75), sorry to have misinterpreted your post. But on the matter of BLM I have relatives and former work colleagues who now live into USA and they say BLM or Black Lives Movement are very dangerous, just saying..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here