Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Enough is enough

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What have you had enough of? You know, do gooders, who may have had a point at the time (although that's debatable) but now it is just boring and actually counter productive. Here is my list:

Black lives matter (obviously)
Poppy day (FFS, the war was decades ago)
Church on Sunday (why every bloody Sunday?)
Giving up your seat for a lady (why not travel when it's less crowded, FFS)
Putting a shilling under a child's pillow when they lose a tooth. They have more than two dozen FFS - it's a bloody racket)
Putting flowers on the grave of a dead loved one. I mean, do they really care? Come on!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Giving to charity, they should go out and get a job.
Refugees, we should look after our own first.
Free school meals for the disadvantaged, why should we pay for that?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
8B5785E0-0840-4ABE-807F-C5DAA223A81A.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Those fvckwits who have masks, but decide to have them hanging off an ear or a chin, instead of around one's gob and snout.......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Being only allowed to watch football on TV

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Those fvckwits who have masks, but decide to have them hanging off an ear or a chin, instead of around one's gob and snout.......

No, indeed, I agree, but.....oh well. Never mind. :wozza:

:thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Americanisation of our culture.
Time to send back and ban from our shores:

Black Friday
Cyber Monday
Tick or Treat
School Proms
The poor way that Americans spell................

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Prince Charles and his offspring
Negroni being hip and trendy
Boris the Buffoon
Christmas specials

el punal

What have you had enough of? You know, do gooders, who may have had a point at the time (although that's debatable) but now it is just boring and actually counter productive. Here is my list:

Putting a shilling under a child's pillow when they lose a tooth. They have more than two dozen FFS - it's a bloody racket)
Putting flowers on the grave of a dead loved one. I mean, do they really care? Come on!

I like the the cut of your jib, sir. :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I’m still trying to understand why Black Lives Matter is virtue signaling but wearing a poppy isn’t?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Harry - You've been drinking!! :lolol:

By the way there is no such thing as 'Poppy Day' and the Poppy Appeal is for those who have served in all wars, the two blokes that I stood with selling Poppies outside Waitrose were both veterans, one served in Bosnia and the other Afghanistan. When I sloped off at Lunchtime our relief was an ex-Royal Marine Commando who served in Korea (I'm proud to say Storrington has raised over £4000 so far with some more to come).

Putting Flowers on the Grave is obviously for you rather than them, whenever Mrs Jakarta and I visit Cheshire where my Dad's Ashes are interred we put flowers there as it means He's not forgotten by us. Same as when we send flowers down Ipley Stream in the New Forest where both her parents Ashes were scattered.

Can't disagree with the others but perhaps the OP is just being a little tinker and I have been Wooshed...

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here