NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Medically approved.

Treatment.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Worth noting perhaps that there are some “snood” type face protectors which are as effective, or more effective than, masks. See, for example: https://www.virustaticshield.com/

Actually, it isn't worth noting. This is a thread to emphasise it's masks only at the Amex. No alternatives. Even if I'm being whooshed, it's a mistake to mention alternatives. At the Amex, it's a mask!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No idea what the problem, every sells them now.

I can't be arsed taken them on and off, so put it on before leaving the house.

If you get a good quality thick fabric one, this time of year they bloody keep your face warm.

I recommend the Boots ones.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If people can't wear a mask then let them have an exemption wristband but make them wear a visor! I suspect most of those that claim to have an 'medical' condition would soon start wearing a mask which can be folded up in your pocket rather than have to carry around a perspex visor!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is the scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask in the open air in the stadium at least 10 feet away from anyone in your bubble ? I can understand the concourse but outside ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is the scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask in the open air in the stadium at least 10 feet away from anyone in your bubble ? I can understand the concourse but outside ?

Why does there have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask?

You arrive wearing a mask.
You keep the mask on all the time you are there.
You leave wearing your mask.

Why should the club provide stewards solely to remind people 'you are now entering a mask wearing zone'.

If you don't want to wear a mask.
If you want to drink beer.
If you want to sitting with your friends/family.

That's equally simple:-

Don't go.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
If people can't wear a mask then let them have an exemption wristband but make them wear a visor! I suspect most of those that claim to have an 'medical' condition would soon start wearing a mask which can be folded up in your pocket rather than have to carry around a perspex visor!!!

i am one of those people; so guess what, i where a mask! :thumbsup::cool:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

There isn't one but:
1. It's football so normal rules don't apply
2. Johnson and his team of idiots are making the decisions.

Wasn't a requirement for the test event with an extra 500 present.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
There isn't one but:
1. It's football so normal rules don't apply
2. Johnson and his team of idiots are making the decisions.

Wasn't a requirement for the test event with an extra 500 present.
2. He can be blamed for a lot of things but this is Premier league not government. [emoji202]

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Why does there have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask?

Why should the club provide stewards solely to remind people 'you are now entering a mask wearing zone'.

Don't go.
I agree with this. I don't like wearing masks and wouldn't voluntarily do something that meant I had to wear a mask - just like I try and avoid shops if I can possibly do so and wear non-mask face coverings when I have no choice when travelling.

Football attendance is an evolving process that will improve next year - and, hopefully - rules will be reduced as the health situation improves. I would hope and expect the future of football is not mandatory mask wearing - and when the restriction is lifted I would try and go again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

T

Don't go.

Yes but you have not answered the question

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Complete compliance without 'whataboutery' would be a good step forward in showing football fans can be trusted to act responsibly en mass.

Any chance of being allowed beer pitchside in the future may or may not be influenced, but abuse of clear & simple reasonable instruction would certainly knock things back yet again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes but you have not answered the question

Yes I did, albeit in a clunky 'answer a question with a question' way.

There doesn't have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask.

The club could decide only people dressed as chickens are allowed access.
It wouldn't have to justify the decision.
It wouldn't penalize fans who don't want to dress as a chicken.

The club has decided masks are to be worn all the time on the clubs property.

I'll Eden a guess the club wants to do everything it possibly can to get more fans in, as quickly as possible, while taking it's duty of care incredibly seriously.
To facilitate that club has decided to go ultra cautious.

Seemingly others would prefer a cull of fans.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes I did, albeit in a clunky 'answer a question with a question' way.

There doesn't have to be scientific rationale and reasoning for having to wear a mask.

The club could decide only people dressed as chickens are allowed access.
It wouldn't have to justify the decision.
It wouldn't penalize fans who don't want to dress as a chicken.

The club has decided masks are to be worn all the time on the clubs property.

I'll Eden a guess the club wants to do everything it possibly can to get more fans in, as quickly as possible, while taking it's duty of care incredibly seriously.
To facilitate that club has decided to go ultra cautious.

Seemingly others would prefer a cull of fans.

A cull of fans ? I guess I am old fashioned in that I ask why things are being imposed like I question why Brighton and Hove, Worthing and the south coast are in tier 2 when clearly they should be in tier 1 with rates of 25 to 56 per 100 000 and allowed crowds of 4000. But it is a start I guess

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Don't go.

I won’t be arriving wearing a mask ...although I see Clapham loves wearing one most of the time ..but hey that’s his choice which is fine

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A cull of fans ? I guess I am old fashioned in that I ask why things are being imposed like I question why Brighton and Hove, Worthing and the south coast in tier 2 when clearly we should be in tier 1 with rates of 25 to 56 per 100 000 and allowed crowds of 4000. But it is a start I guess[/QUOTE]

...and that is the salient point

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A cull of fans ? I guess I am old fashioned in that I ask why things are being imposed like I question why Brighton and Hove, Worthing and the south coast in tier 2 when clearly we should be in tier 1 with rates of 25 to 56 per 100 000 and allowed crowds of 4000. But it is a start I guess

...and that is the salient point

One that you would have thought would be impossible to miss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here