Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Face coverings at The Amex

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A heads up for all those lucky enough to go to the game on Monday.

You cannot use your scarf as a face covering!

the Premier League considers a suitable face covering to be a medical or cloth face covering which is affixed behind the ears – and NOT face visors or shields, snoods and/or scarves.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
A heads up for all those lucky enough to go to the game on Monday.

You cannot use your scarf as a face covering!

the Premier League considers a suitable face covering to be a medical or cloth face covering which is affixed behind the ears – and NOT face visors or shields, snoods and/or scarves.

The club should or maybe will have face masks that comply. They are not expensive.

Yoda

English & European
"You must wear a face covering at all times in and around the stadium"

"If you have a medical condition that means you are exempt from wearing a mask, you will need to apply for an exemption wristband, which must be worn and visible at all times."

Yet the only option when applying is to pick it up at the stadium. Why not give the option to post as well so those of us that are not going to the Southampton game can get theirs ahead of a game the do attend. ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
"You must wear a face covering at all times in and around the stadium"

"If you have a medical condition that means you are exempt from wearing a mask, you will need to apply for an exemption wristband, which must be worn and visible at all times."

Yet the only option when applying is to pick it up at the stadium. Why not give the option to post as well so those of us that are not going to the Southampton game can get theirs ahead of a game the do attend. ???

Probably because it would mean posting loads of bands that will be unused given there’s a less than 10/1 shot of getting a ticket currently [emoji2369][emoji2369]

What’s the issue with picking it up at the ground when you arrive ?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anything more straight forward ever been so difficult for some people to grasp?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because some people like to try and push back against wearing one, its not like there hasn't been practice wearing one or following the rules since July......

Cant wait for the first thread ' I was turned away from the Amex for not wearing a mask'

Went to Crawley today to pick up a few odds and ends. Most people in the Mall were wearing masks, but a few weren’t, and a few fvckwits were wearing them on their chins. Bigger issue seems to be that social distancing doesn’t seem to be necessary if you’re wearing a mask........I thought a mask was a bit of added prevention/protection, didn’t realise it made the wearer immune (mostly from middle-aged women based on this afternoon’s experience)

If someone starts a thread saying they were turned away for not wearing a mask I will be one of the first to wade in [emoji16][emoji16]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because some people like to try and push back against wearing one, its not like there hasn't been practice wearing one or following the rules since July......

Cant wait for the first thread ' I was turned away from the Amex for not wearing a mask'

It's gonna happen and guess who's fault it'll be.
I'll give you a clue...

...his name sounds like Darber-Out. :lol:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Has anything more straight forward ever been so difficult for some people to grasp?

My reasoning for posting wasn’t about the having to wear a face covering it was about making people aware it can’t be a scarf / snood or a visor - which as I understand it are fine to wear in any other establishment.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My reasoning for posting wasn’t about the having to wear a face covering it was about making people aware it can’t be a scarf / snood or a visor - which as I understand it are fine to wear in any other establishment.

The club are hamstrung by the government/EPL rules on this......

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Yes but my point is it can’t be a visor, scarf / snood it has to be the medical type one.

So being a football match many may use their scarf as a face covering, which won’t be allowed

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I thought that too, why on earth does the EPL think it should do it differently to the rest of the country (World?). Is the EPL fit for purpose?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

does seem unnecessary to make their own special rule, especially excluding visors.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I know, it wasn't a dig at you personally, so sorry if you felt it was, that really wasn't my intention.

It's just FFS people.

You want to go to football - wear a mask.
You want more people to go to football - those that do go MUST wear a mask.
You want to go to football - You have to be distance from others.
You want to cheer at football - do it while wearing a mask.
You want to hug and celebrate at football - You can't, even wearing a mask.

You want to drink beer - go to the pub.

In these unprecedented times - wear a mask.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

The trouble is, throughout the pandemic the public have proved themselves incapable of following relatively simple instruction.

They will then hide behind blurred messaging, when the greater issue is moronic behaviour.

Alternatively, they prefer to rebel because 60k deaths isn’t enough evidence for them to follow.

Because of my job I can’t comment on many threads relating to CV19 on here, but this? Come on, wear a fecking mask...... don’t bleat, just do it.

If you don’t want to, offer your ticket to others.

Edit - Apologies to [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION] Wookie not aimed at you, just anyone who think they know better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
SVEPBHDSNBRI_p_700x875_crop_center.jpg

Can also be used for motor theft!

Yoda

English & European
Probably because it would mean posting loads of bands that will be unused given there’s a less than 10/1 shot of getting a ticket currently [emoji2369][emoji2369]

What’s the issue with picking it up at the ground when you arrive ?

No real issue but can see it getting a bit annoying and tedious having to explain to every steward you pass pulling you over until it's been collected bearing in mind they want you wearing one around the stadium area outside too.
[MENTION=750]swindonseagull[/MENTION] I just hope you haven't jinxed it for anybody going Monday night now that has an exemption. :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The trouble is, throughout the pandemic the public have proved themselves incapable of following relatively simple instruction.

They will then hide behind blurred messaging, when the greater issue is moronic behaviour.

Alternatively, they prefer to rebel because 60k deaths isn’t enough evidence for them to follow.

Because of my job I can’t comment on many threads relating to CV19 on here, but this? Come on, wear a fecking mask...... don’t bleat, just do it.

If you don’t want to, offer your ticket to others.

Edit - Apologies to [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION] Wookie not aimed at you, just anyone who think they know better....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite. If you can’t wear a mask properly, **** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here