Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A family season ticket

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I know I'm not alone in this. I have two season tickets and have had them for about fifteen years. I'm the ever present and attend pretty much every game. Initially I think the other ticket was an under 10 ticket, it is now an under 21 one. I have three children/young people and my wife another one. Who accompanies me has changed over the years and back in the day it was on a rota. I have workmates with tickets they share with their brother/dad/son/mate etc. However this creates a problem for Monday evening because my daughter is named on the ticket but it's my stepson who is able to attend. It looks like his ticket will be up for grabs because his proof of identity won't match the name on the ticket. I asked if we could transfer his name onto the season ticket, as he is now the one that attends most frequently, however that is not allowed due to the 5,000 on the waiting list for a season ticket.

A couple of things, firstly I'd be interested to know if anyone else shares tickets within the family and secondly a word of warning for Monday, if the person attending is not the name on the ticket I'm afraid you won't be seeing the match. Best find out now than when you are at the Amex.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I always thought the albion should allow one nominated additional user on the season ticket for an additional fee.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I always thought the albion should allow one nominated additional user on the season ticket for an additional fee.

I haven’t heard of nominating an additional user but looks like you can ask the club’s permission to transfer to another person on a match by match basis. It doesn’t mention a limit on the number of times you do this apart from the maximum of 6 age upgrades ;

‘ 3.2 You may only sell or transfer the Season Ticket:

3.2.1 to a Guest with the express written consent of the Club given at the Club's absolute discretion, provided that such sale or transfer is in respect of an individual Match and in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and provided further that such transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party's business’

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know I'm not alone in this. I have two season tickets and have had them for about fifteen years. I'm the ever present and attend pretty much every game. Initially I think the other ticket was an under 10 ticket, it is now an under 21 one. I have three children/young people and my wife another one. Who accompanies me has changed over the years and back in the day it was on a rota. I have workmates with tickets they share with their brother/dad/son/mate etc. However this creates a problem for Monday evening because my daughter is named on the ticket but it's my stepson who is able to attend. It looks like his ticket will be up for grabs because his proof of identity won't match the name on the ticket. I asked if we could transfer his name onto the season ticket, as he is now the one that attends most frequently, however that is not allowed due to the 5,000 on the waiting list for a season ticket.

A couple of things, firstly I'd be interested to know if anyone else shares tickets within the family and secondly a word of warning for Monday, if the person attending is not the name on the ticket I'm afraid you won't be seeing the match. Best find out now than when you are at the Amex.

I think most people are aware, if not they’re pretty dumb as it has been mentioned in emails and part of the condition of sale. I’ve tried not to rude but sometimes it’s a tad hard.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

As covered elsewhere, I'm fairly sure the club is legally bound* to know exactly who is using a football ticket.

* Criminal Justice Act 1994

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
Yes I'm in same position, when I raised it with the club they were not interested. My point was they are happy to allow ticket transfer for 1901 members where a company holds the ticket, and have a mechanism in place for doing so, but they won't offer the same to 'normal' fans. The reason they allow this is that 1901 members pay more money for their tickets and so are entitled to the flexibility to transfer it to anyone they like. Basically money talks, so those among us in this position, and there are many, can get stuffed as far as the club is concerned.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I mentioned in another thread that I have two tickets, one in my name, one in my son's, that my two nephews now share but they are on the waiting list now, so when they get offered one, I'll see if they can have his. There's also another thread about a family sharing tickets.

I suspect that there has always been lots of this, but the Covid ID thing has bought it all to a head.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think the club should by now have established a clear Amex pathway for, say, Family Stand members whose kids have the temerity to reach young adulthood, or WSU members that can no longer manage the evil stairs

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I think there will be a fair few people in the same situation. Be interesting to know if there is any solution.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Think the club should by now have established a clear Amex pathway for, say, Family Stand members whose kids have the temerity to reach young adulthood....

When a child gets too old for the Family Stand, they can move with parent(s) to another section. :thumbsup:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Think the club should by now have established a clear Amex pathway for, say, Family Stand members whose kids have the temerity to reach young adulthood, or WSU members that can no longer manage the evil stairs

They have. There is a window for moving seats every year.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As covered elsewhere, I'm fairly sure the club is legally bound* to know exactly who is using a football ticket.

* Criminal Justice Act 1994

I have purchased tickets for cinema/ theatre without giving details Not long ago when games didnt sell out could go to Amex on day and pay cash without giving details

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I thought the waiting list had all but dwindled to nothing? My father in law managed to get a ST in March after waiting since December 2018. The last time he had checked he was number five thousand and something. I think we have reached a point where if you want an ST you probably won't be waiting too long.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought the waiting list had all but dwindled to nothing? My father in law managed to get a ST in March after waiting since December 2018. The last time he had checked he was number five thousand and something. I think we have reached a point where if you want an ST you probably won't be waiting too long.

The many thousands who declined to buy in March/April/May are still on the waiting list and have one more chance to buy next spring.

So the waiting list is still 7000+ I believe.

Demand will depend how vaccination/return-to-matches is going, I guess.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The many thousands who declined to buy in March/April/May are still on the waiting list and have one more chance to buy next spring.

So the waiting list is still 7000+ I believe.

Demand will depend how vaccination/return-to-matches is going, I guess.

Are ST only sold in a certain window ? If the club were to offer them at any time with payment being for the fraction of games remaining that would remove the ability of people to remain on the list whilst refusing to take up the option. This in turn would make it easier for people that actually want a ST.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here