Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ian Darke and the BT coverage

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once again I was driven to distraction by the oaf Ian Darke and his commentary tonight.

Did you know this was the 115th commentry he has done on a Thusday?
The last Arsenal player to score two goals on a Thursday is, ironically now playing for Sporting Utrecht.
This is the first time there has been a crowd at Highbury since March.
And we all know what a difficult time it has been.
For everyone, not least these players, who seem to have been lifted by he crowd.
Only 2000 but it has definitely made a difference.
I feel quite emotional.
Arsenal in the ascendancy, for the first time since the last time they went a goal behind in the first 23 minutes.
That is the third longest short range pass that Arenal have made since the introduction of VAR
Best we not lest we forget, VAR, isn't it?
Did you know, this is the fifth time that Arsenal have failed to lose a game, having been three in front since the start of the Premier League.
And we all remember Bertie Mee.

And on and on and on.

In the end, Bob and I switched over to the Rangers game.

Even monkey tennis is better than the commentary of the living dead.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Best commentator around for me. Superb for boxing and for me far better then Martin Tyler when it comes to football.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think some of these commentators must have something on the people who employ them, they are really that bad. Commentators should be knowledgable and study up on the one of 2 matches they do every week, how hard can it be? There’s no excuse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love his boxing commentary, his passion comes through.

Darren Fletcher (not the ex footballer) is THE WNKR of football commentators. Arrogant, it's his opinion only, he dominates with any pundit barely allowed to speak. We reduce the volume and take the piss out of his bull****.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was when he revealed to us tonight that football has been played behind closed doors for a considerable time that I nearly put a foot through Bob's telly.

My old pal is lonely and old and football is an escape.

That sort of shitweasel commentary, read off wikipedia, like it was news, was sick making.

BURN him.

And.....exhale.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It was when he revealed to us tonight that football has been played behind closed doors for a considerable time that I nearly put a foot through Bob's telly.

My old pal is lonely and old and football is an escape.

That sort of shitweasel commentary, read off wikipedia, like it was news, was sick making.

BURN him.

And.....exhale.

Did you ever see "Twin Peaks"?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Once again I was driven to distraction by the oaf Ian Darke and his commentary tonight.

The last Arsenal player to score two goals on a Thursday is, ironically now playing for Sporting Utrecht.
For everyone, not least these players, who seem to have been lifted by he crowd.
I feel quite emotional.
Arsenal in the ascendancy, for the first time since the last time they went a goal behind in the first 23 minutes.
That is the third longest short range pass that Arenal have made since the introduction of VAR
Did you know, this is the fifth time that Arsenal have failed to lose a game, having been three in front since the start of the Premier League.

And on and on and on.

was discussing this with the ale house brains trust just this week , most pundits are a verbal avalanche of thoroughly useless stats and information , far to ready with an opinion , often ignoring the game for 3 or 4 minutes at a time ......really is a sign of the times , Brian Moore and Martin Tiler for me any day.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like Ian Darke and the BT sports coverage, so much less licky to the big six than sky sports.

I quite like Steve McManamen as well. There, I’ve said it.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I admit I did not hear this commentary, but talking in general about national TV and radio commentaries.... they are so one sided and assume that everyone supports the major team . If we play at home to a top six club , it is THEM v Albion.
I give up on Match of the Day. I prefer to turn off the sound for a match I can see on TV
The only commentaries I appreciate are from J C and Warren. Up the Albion !

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Darren Fletcher (not the ex footballer) is THE WNKR of football commentators. Arrogant, it's his opinion only, he dominates with any pundit barely allowed to speak. We reduce the volume and take the piss out of his bull****.

How weird, as my son and I think he is one of the best!

Guess it's all about opinions

Don't get me started though on Don Hutchinson....................he really is pants, speaks in this boring, monotone voice and literally adds nothing. Just repeats what the commentator has said in his Geordie whine

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably the worst commentator in football by some distance IMO.

Prefer him for boxing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How weird, as my son and I think he is one of the best!

Guess it's all about opinions

Don't get me started though on Don Hutchinson....................he really is pants, speaks in this boring, monotone voice and literally adds nothing. Just repeats what the commentator has said in his Geordie whine

Who's the northern pundit, next to the commentator for Sky EFL games? A charmless miserablist, who's desperate for players to get sent off.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like Ian Darke and the BT sports coverage, so much less licky to the big six than sky sports.

I quite like Steve McManamen as well
. There, I’ve said it.

Not quite sure what to make of this.
You might be speaking about McManaman and, if this is the case, somebody has to like him for him to continue getting the gig, so well done for fessing up.
If it's McManamen, that sounds like a collection of them, which I'll wager is more off-putting still

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think when it's Ian Darke and or Steve Manaman you have to be thankful it's not Jake Humphries or Michael Owen

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I feel quite emotional.

And on and on and on.

Funnily enough mate.......

[tweet]1334599065154310144[/tweet]

I did the exact same and watched the last hour of the Rangers game.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Gary Birtles, Don someone (ex forward player for Wolves) or Andy Hinchcliffe ....all of them pretty good I think :smile:

Don Goodman - a name you would not forget if you were in the South Stand behind Digweed for THAT incident.

Edit - Google suggests I am wrong. Old Age is a bad thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here