Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many days until the biggest planned change to the UK economy makes the main Board ?

When will it make the main Board ?

• 4 days before the announcement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 days before the announcement

• 2 Days before the announcement

• 1 days before the announcement

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The day we find out

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 1 day after the announcement

• 2 days after the announcement

• 3 days after the announcement

• Never - It's the word that will never be allowed

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh and a quick genuine question, why are you so obsessed getting Brexit chats on the main board, are you concerned not enough people seem interested enough to look at the Brexit thread??

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh come on, you know it’ll be on the main board for about 30 seconds before it descends into the usual twatfest between the warring factions and gets binned off to the Bear Pit...............

........thankfully

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oh and a quick genuine question, why are you so obsessed getting Brexit chats on the main board, are you concerned not enough people seem interested enough to look at the Brexit thread??

Nailed it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mate I’m genuinely worried about your obsession with this shit, your drawing a pension right? Surely there must be better things for you to do with your time rather than trying to get your message on a football fans main page.

Come on man look after yourself

It's lovely that you are so worried about me, but no, I'm not obsessive or drawing a pension. (I've been retired for a number of years but I still do a little teaching to try and keep my mind active) and drawing any pensions wouldn't be tax efficient.

I simply take an active interest in what is happening in the UK and this has been the single biggest issue in the news for the last 6 years.

I can think of a whole number of reasons why certain people would want to ignore that simple fact, but can't imagine why it wouldn't make the main page of a forum which discusses many varied issues.

If you're really not interested, don't post on the thread and it will sink out of sight :shrug:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's lovely that you are so worried about me, but no, I'm not obsessive or drawing a pension. (I've been retired for a number of years but I still do a little teaching to try and keep my mind active) and drawing any pensions wouldn't be tax efficient.

I simply take an active interest in what is happening in the UK and this has been the single biggest issue in the news for the last 6 years.

I can think of a whole number of reasons why certain people would want to ignore that simple fact, but can't imagine why it wouldn't make the main page of a forum which discusses many varied issues.

If you're really not interested, don't post on the thread and it will sink out of sight :shrug:

What do you mean by an “active interest”

How active?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Because it is bloody tedious, and been done to death.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't we all be a bit more grown up about this subject?

We should be able to discuss how the impending end of the transition period is affecting people's lives in different ways. The 'How is Covid lockdown affecting you' thread is a good example of a positive thread about a difficult subject.

People have foreign partners, go on foreign holidays, do business abroad or have foreign clients/customers, and hundreds of thousands will change jobs in the coming weeks and months, so this subject should be back on the Board. The old thread should be consigned to NSC Gold on 1st January 2021.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We can't now do anything about it. We've all been mugged by the money men.
We've made a massive mistake and we will suffer as a nation because of it.
But because Covid-19 has given us so much else to get anxious and depressed about I'll suffer my fate in silence along with the rest of my countrymen and focus on Tony Bloom's exciting project which is something that feels me with pride.

Brexit will be a disaster for the UK economy so I'll try and ignore the subject and think of my happy place instead.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Perhaps we all have other places to go to discuss Brexit and are bored of the sniping of certain NSC posters on the subject ? The OP has only himself to blame if people don’t want to play.

Very much this, we had a genuinely interesting and civil Brexit related thread started a few weeks ago by [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] but the usual suspects (including the OP) piled in and it went the usual way. Perhaps the best/only way to keep a new Brexit thread on the main board is if all the old Brexit thread regulars are thread banned ... I'd be happy to take one for the team!

Unfortunately, I think the OP would spontaneously combust, control issues amongst many other problems poor chap. :mad:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We can't now do anything about it. We've all been mugged by the money men.
We've made a massive mistake and we will suffer as a nation because of it.
But because Covid-19 has given us so much else to get anxious and depressed about I'll suffer my fate in silence along with the rest of my countrymen and focus on Tony Bloom's exciting project which is something that feels me with pride.

Brexit will be a disaster for the UK economy so I'll try and ignore the subject and think of my happy place instead.

Sums up my feelings exactly. Thankfully I've managed to get my Irish passport sorted, so at least I still have Freedom of Movement. But (for now) mainly focussing on keeping safe and watching footie.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't we all be a bit more grown up about this subject?

We should be able to discuss how the impending end of the transition period is affecting people's lives in different ways. The 'How is Covid lockdown affecting you' thread is a good example of a positive thread about a difficult subject.

People have foreign partners, go on foreign holidays, do business abroad or have foreign clients/customers, and hundreds of thousands will change jobs in the coming weeks and months, so this subject should be back on the Board. The old thread should be consigned to NSC Gold on 1st January 2021.

You’d hope.......................but any new thread will be hijacked by the same old same old from both sides and consigned to the bear pit in minutes. Personally I’m delighted those type of threads are now contained in a ‘safe place’ I can easily avoid, but we all know where we they are if we’re inclined to wade in.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sorry. I have read the posts and I don't understand the question.

Is the answer 'Daz'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very much this, we had a genuinely interesting and civil Brexit related thread started a few weeks ago by [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] but the usual suspects (including the OP) piled in and it went the usual way. Perhaps the best/only way to keep a new Brexit thread on the main board is if all the old Brexit thread regulars are thread banned ... I'd be happy to take one for the team!

Unfortunately, I think the OP would spontaneously combust, control issues amongst many other problems poor chap. :mad:

Good post spoiled by the last line. If only you had learned, back in jumpers for goalposts days, to play the ball and not the man :shrug:

Anyway, that's my two footed tackle in, early doors.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Tbf the Brexit discussion being in the Bear Pit makes it completely impossible to have any type of serious discussion about it. Not that I personally give a **** but I dont think its that strange to want to be able to discuss it on the main board.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As someone who lives in Europe ( France) and now having to go through all the hassle of getting various permissions to stay ( carte de sejours) plus many other changes re vehicles, driving licences, pet passports etc etc etc, it is all rather overwhelming.

However, until an agreement (deal) is either signed or a 'no deal', I can't really see the point of this thread at this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here