Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Burnley become a threat?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It will be interesting to see if they keep faith with Dyche. If they booted him out and bought in their own choice, i would think they'd go down. I can't see anyone else being capable of keeping them up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Pope, Tarkowski, Mee, McNeil, Wood is already a decent spine of a team, which is why I have them finishing ahead of Fulham, WBA and Shef Utd. I would be more concerned if one of those three were to receive a huge cash injection, TBH.

They've got these 5 players and not loads else who are going to get you to mid table.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its still early and the bottom clubs are not as doomed as people might think (Sheffield is heading quite rapidly into that territory but a few good weeks and they are in it again) and the mid-table teams are not as safe as some seem to believe.

Burnley could still fight there way up, they have plenty of warriors suited for this battle. Still believe they will be bottom four though, December should be grim with their squad and any signings made in January no matter the price would need time to settle in the PL.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It looks like Burnley will be sold in time for the new owners to have an impact in the January transfer window. It seems that they will be sold for c. £200m (to the Yanks or the Egyptians) but not sure if that money will be used by the club or taken by the current shareholders.

Assuming they bought the club to see it survive in the Prem, you've got to assume they will make money available for signings. That's no guarantee of success, but it could help them strengthen.

Do we under-estimate Burnley in the second half of the season at our peril or are they in the mire, buyer or not?

If the Egyptians, they're forum could be renamed 'MummiesNet' :shrug:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If anything, 2010FC are the ones who should be worried. They are two or three poor results away from getting sucked into the relegation scrap.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Really dont get this view of Burnley being a sh*thole and players not willing to go there. As if they would live in Burnley town centre.

Money talks, so if owners make money available then players will go. Now, that doesnt make it the case that those players will be the right ones, or that they will gel. See Aston Villa last season struggling and Fulham the year before relegated.

Burnley itself is a sh*thole but is surrounded by beautiful countryside and you could buy or build a fantastic property up there on PL wages. At the moment, many of their players live near Manchester or in the Cheshire villages.

Blackburn used to be able to attract plenty of decent players and it's arguably even worse than Burnley.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If anything, 2010FC are the ones who should be worried. They are two or three poor results away from getting sucked into the relegation scrap.

Problem is you just start to think that then they somehow go and get 4 against Leeds.
Think they will be down there though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It will be interesting to see if they keep faith with Dyche. If they booted him out and bought in their own choice, i would think they'd go down. I can't see anyone else being capable of keeping them up.

That club is made for Allardyce.

Anyway, if the money arrives but they're in trouble come January, then its not a case of who they can afford to splash the cash on. The problem will be trying to recruit quality players into a sinking ship in peril of being in the second division next season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
They've got these 5 players and not loads else who are going to get you to mid table.

Don't forget Agent Stephens, experienced solid English midfielder with 3 years in the Premier League as a first choicer before joining Burnley!

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Although Burnley are struggling this season they have some pretty good players in their squad already - Pope, Mee, McNeil, Wood , Barnes & Rodriguez come to mind. I don't think they will be in the bottom three come May 2021.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Burnley itself is a sh*thole but is surrounded by beautiful countryside and you could buy or build a fantastic property up there on PL wages. At the moment, many of their players live near Manchester or in the Cheshire villages.

Blackburn used to be able to attract plenty of decent players and it's arguably even worse than Burnley.

Not even arguably. And their ground is in Darwen!!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Pope, Tarkowski, Mee, McNeil, Wood is already a decent spine of a team, which is why I have them finishing ahead of Fulham, WBA and Shef Utd. I would be more concerned if one of those three were to receive a huge cash injection, TBH.

I'd be quite happy to see Sheffield United spend another 53 million quid if it has the same effect it did in the summer.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They’ve got a very tougher fixture list in December, only Sheff Weds looks a realistic chance for points.

I happened to make a £20 bet that we’d finish above them with one of the most negative posters on NSC (who also backed Trump). I can’t wait to send him a PM requesting the money!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They’ve got a very tougher fixture list in December, only Sheff Weds looks a realistic chance for points.

I happened to make a £20 bet that we’d finish above them with one of the most negative posters on NSC (who also backed Trump). I can’t wait to send him a PM requesting the money!

The Massive ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here