Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket waiting time

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Young shingle has just thrown his hat in the ring for his own season ticket and is in position 7,700 odd. Does anyone with experience of season ticket waiting times know for how long he'll have to approximately wait till he gets his hands on one.

Cheers all.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
No one can give you an accurate answer, only a best guess.

I would normally say that to get 7700 season tickets to not be renewed would take a couple of seasons, but these are exceptional circumstances.
It will largely depend on peoples misfortune and financial hardship in 2021 as to how many can still afford such a luxury. The other factor is how successful the team is, if we're winning people will change their priorities and maybe instead cut out other things from their spending.

You will need about 30% of existing season ticket holders to decide not to renew.
My best guess would be March 2022. (but this is only a wild guess).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This surprises me, as I am pretty sure the waiting list was reduced to zero earlier this year.

Yep I'm pretty sure earlier this year when tickets were getting offered to those on the waiting list that pretty much anyone that wanted one could have one due to the numbers of people dropping out due to covid worries and uncertainties. Presumably loads of people deferred it for a year?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This surprises me, as I am pretty sure the waiting list was reduced to zero earlier this year.

My understanding too.

It may be that the number does not represent how many people are in front of you, and it's more like the ticketing system at the deli counter, ie "number 7,700 - your turn".

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yep I'm pretty sure earlier this year when tickets were getting offered to those on the waiting list that pretty much anyone that wanted one could have one due to the numbers of people dropping out due to covid worries and uncertainties. Presumably loads of people deferred it for a year?

I'm guessing that is exactly the reason.

And frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if everyone who is on the waiting list come next March(?), who wants one, is able to get a season ticket.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm guessing that is exactly the reason.

And frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if everyone who is on the waiting list come next March(?), who wants one, is able to get a season ticket.

Isn’t there a charge for joining the waiting list ? I’m a bit surprised that the entire list would disappear. Couldn’t they just decline the ticket offer, go to the bottom of the list and get another opportunity in a couple of years ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn’t there a charge for joining the waiting list ? I’m a bit surprised that the entire list would disappear. Couldn’t they just decline the ticket offer, go to the bottom of the list and get another opportunity in a couple of years ?

You could defer for one year max, once offered and go to the front of the queue for next year.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

There is a charge for being an Albion member; you can opt to also join the waiting list (at no extra cost).

I joined the waiting list in June 2017, at position 5176 (I live in Arizona and there was no immediate prospect of me returning to England, but as I was buying membership anyway there was no reason NOT to join the ST waiting list). I was first offered the opportunity to purchase a season ticket in 2019 (which I didn't take up, obviously).

My second (and last) opportunity was this year (which I still didn't take up), but I am certain there were posts on NSC from people who were way down the list (or had only just joined the list or perhaps hadn't even been on the list at all) who were able to buy a season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here