Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Eating out in Brighton - heated gardens

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Evening all. I’m keen to support the local restaurant trade but not keen to eat indoors. I’m aware that gas heaters are the root of all evil, but i want to support the local economy. So where in Brighton can you eat outdoors in December?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
They used to have them at Hove Place.
That said the last time I ate there it was rubbish (that was a few years ago though).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Obviously lots of nice restaurants along church road in Hove but not seen any outside heat lamps . Someone’s def missing a trick .

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Evening all. I’m keen to support the local restaurant trade but not keen to eat indoors. I’m aware that gas heaters are the root of all evil, but i want to support the local economy. So where in Brighton can you eat outdoors in December?

We're universally and uniquely pathetic in this country when it comes to this, so well played for seeking. If the temp dips below 25 degrees or a cloud appears, everyone runs inside or complains 'it's a bit chilly, let's go inside'. You really couldn't make it up. Compared to other european countries (who have DISCOVERED coats, jumpers, hats and scarves and consequently enjoy winter festivities, inc.drinks and food outside in sub zero temperatures, all the time) the UK* is full of total weather wooses. It's like fish and seafood, for an island race, it's amazing how few people will eat anything other than cod. And even then...

*Tyne & Wear excluded

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Urchin have a roof on their garden now, they were going to get heaters too.
The Open House has heaters in the garden
Signalman have covered their garden

In the Preston Park area both the Park View and the Station have heated gardens, tho the Station's one is pretty small

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
In the Preston Park area both the Park View and the Station have heated gardens, tho the Station's one is pretty small

I’ve noticed the Cleveland today completed a large semi permanent structure on the side of the boozer today, Ladies Mile car park now has a large marquee in it , great to see these local businesses fighting back.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We're universally and uniquely pathetic in this country when it comes to this, so well played for seeking. If the temp dips below 25 degrees or a cloud appears, everyone runs inside or complains 'it's a bit chilly, let's go inside'. You really couldn't make it up. Compared to other european countries (who have DISCOVERED coats, jumpers, hats and scarves and consequently enjoy winter festivities, inc.drinks and food outside in sub zero temperatures, all the time) the UK* is full of total weather wooses. It's like fish and seafood, for an island race, it's amazing how few people will eat anything other than cod. And even then...

*Tyne & Wear excluded

Yes we all love sitting outside in the freezing cold.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ve noticed the Cleveland today completed a large semi permanent structure on the side of the boozer today, Ladies Mile car park now has a large marquee in it , great to see these local businesses fighting back.

I was going to say this - I'm aware of at least one place in Worthing that has erected a marquee which will be heated. It doesn't feel very outdoors-y, but I assume it qualifies as outside still, thus permitting mixed households to dine together, which they can't indoors under tier 2.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I was going to say this - I'm aware of at least one place in Worthing that has erected a marquee which will be heated. It doesn't feel very outdoors-y, but I assume it qualifies as outside still, thus permitting mixed households to dine together, which they can't indoors under tier 2.

Crabshack ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crabshack, Corner House, Cow & Oak all have I think. As well as the Brookstead out the front with a choice of 'dining' options

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Providing most of the marquee is open, it would be classed as outside, so persumably at least 2 sides are pulled back and open.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the Gin Tub in Hove are doing a bottomless pizza deal. They have a huge oven that keeps them just right as you sip your gins or whatever.... A small addition to you booking fee but very re@sonable.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I was wondering if mixed hh can then eat out, should they want to of course, very good point.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I think the Gin Tub in Hove are doing a bottomless pizza deal. They have a huge oven that keeps them just right as you sip your gins or whatever.... A small addition to you booking fee but very re@sonable.

Whether you were topless or bottomless, I still think you would be chilly - even with a heater

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone know of anywhere in Lewes with this setup?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here