Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Saints - atmosphere

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
I apologies if this has been covered in other threads.
With just 2,000 allowed in the Amex for the match how can we get behind the team and create an atmosphere?
I thought the Chelsea friendly was a good effort but, the Club have now mandated that masks must be worn when seated (OK to take off if standing then😂).
What ideas do you have for creating an atmosphere (which the Club may allow).
My thoughts:
North Stand all sing the same songs (never happened before).
Club relay noise from North Stand over PA. Worth asking.
Balloons
Celery
Traditional rattle (£10 Amazon). Allowed in?
Clackers (please no).
Drum - joking

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We'll be missing a trick if we don't give full blasts of...

"There's no one there, there's no one there...", and

"Is that all you take away..."

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
With our game being on the Monday evening it will be interesting to see what policy other clubs take towards masks, singing etc.....

The official Govt. policy is:

"Face coverings should be mandated indoors and in all covered communal / covered areas including on entry and in concourses, queues, toilets etc. Given the higher risk of transmission associated with singing and shouting, event organisers should remind spectators of this and strongly therefore encourage the use of face coverings in all outdoor spectator settings, including seats/standing points. They are mandatory in all indoor sports venues, in line with wider guidance on indoor spectator events. Singing and shouting is to be discouraged at indoor sports events"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I apologies if this has been covered in other threads.
With just 2,000 allowed in the Amex for the match how can we get behind the team and create an atmosphere?
I thought the Chelsea friendly was a good effort but, the Club have now mandated that masks must be worn when seated (OK to take off if standing then).
What ideas do you have for creating an atmosphere (which the Club may allow).
My thoughts:
North Stand all sing the same songs (never happened before).
Club relay noise from North Stand over PA. Worth asking.
Balloons
Celery
Traditional rattle (£10 Amazon). Allowed in?
Clackers (please no).
Drum - joking

There's a fella in the North Stand with a rattle and it makes a decent enough noise, because I can hear it from ESL :thumbsup:

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

and of course in the event that Saints should take a lead.. "one-nil, and you still don't sing..."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Are any away fans allowed? Even 100 would be better than none and definitely help the atmosphere.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This should work.

F07CE867-242B-4356-81B7-0F90D589CF9E.jpeg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’m a gobby ******* and would start a song for the players. Sadly it’s been so long and the teams changed so much. We don’t even have songs for half of them. :ffsparr:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] pinched my seat in the East Stand, and now you expect me to sing as well!? Jesus. This is the trouble with the North Stand. You get your blanket all nice on your legs, then it's stand up sing for a bit, sit down, stand up again. Going to spoil the game for me if it's up and down all game. :censored:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Best at the Chelsea game was;

“1-0, and you still don’t sing...”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just please be supportive and patient even if the team fails to give you what you "rightfully deserve" etc. Realistically speaking all of the home players will be a little bit nervous and you can help them overcome that.

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] pinched my seat in the East Stand, and now you expect me to sing as well!? Jesus. This is the trouble with the North Stand. You get your blanket all nice on your legs, then it's stand up sing for a bit, sit down, stand up again. Going to spoil the game for me if it's up and down all game. :censored:

If you enter into the spirit you will love the North Stand experience, support the team and stay warm. What’s not to like?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here