Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fake ID: did anyone attend the last CV19 match that shouldn’t have?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone do so, or know someone who did last time? And if you’re lucky enough to get drawn but can’t go, or are applying on someone else’s behalf, is anyone going to the length of faking ID to do so? For the love of the Albion of course!

Just made me think how back in the day, there used to be a cottage industry of fake IDs to get into clubs etc and some might be doing so again. And people swap season tickets all the time pre Covid.

Obviously not to be encouraged but I bet some will circumnavigate procedures. And did last time out for the Chelsea match.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
My name was Brian McGee :thumbsup:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Maybe I just wasn't cool enough to know anyone who had one, but fake IDs seem to be very hard to come across these days. When I was 16-17 5 years ago pretty much nobody had fake IDs and the times people who did use one generally used someone's brother's ID which looked vaguely like them which seemed to work. Someone I did know did get one once that he tried to use at Reading Festival and had it confiscated on entrance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Don't forget to add, is anyone travelling from a tier 3 area for the Southampton game, so that PB can get the full list of people to be handed life bans.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Don't forget to add, is anyone travelling from a tier 3 area for the Southampton game, so that PB can get the full list of people to be handed life bans.

What about - is anybody who has covid going to risk it, after all its probably not their mum and dad that'll die

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Maybe I just wasn't cool enough to know anyone who had one, but fake IDs seem to be very hard to come across these days. When I was 16-17 5 years ago pretty much nobody had fake IDs and the times people who did use one generally used someone's brother's ID which looked vaguely like them which seemed to work. Someone I did know did get one once that he tried to use at Reading Festival and had it confiscated on entrance.

In a similar age range, but they were easy enough to get but expensive and always different enough to get confiscated. Made a lot more sense to get an older brother/sister/friend's provisional when they'd passed their full test and just say you'd had a haircut.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Imagine being dumb enough to admit as much A> on a public forum that the club monitors, and B> in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone do so, or know someone who did last time? And if you’re lucky enough to get drawn but can’t go, or are applying on someone else’s behalf, is anyone going to the length of faking ID to do so? For the love of the Albion of course!

Just made me think how back in the day, there used to be a cottage industry of fake IDs to get into clubs etc and some might be doing so again. And people swap season tickets all the time pre Covid.

Obviously not to be encouraged but I bet some will circumnavigate procedures. And did last time out for the Chelsea match.

In 1991, you had a paper driver’s license a mate’s older brother lent, and you memorised every detail. If you got the dreaded ‘what’s your date of birth?’, do your best not to do a little first pump when you got it right.:)

How do you go about faking a decent photo Id these days?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Hope not. Chance of ****ing things up royally for the club after all the work they've done, and everyone else wanting to get back in asap.

Home straight for this ******* thing now....a few more weeks of sticking to the rules should be palatable for all but the hard of thinking

Yoda

English & European
Remember faking a Spanish Students ID we had staying with us. He was 17 1/2 but all his mates that he was over here with were 18+. He had some kind of Student ID card with his DOB (that looked so easy to fake produce anyway) that we took out its plastic wallet, copied, changed the year he was born in, cut it out, stuck it back over his DOB on his card and put it back in it's wallet. :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Imagine being dumb enough to admit as much A> on a public forum that the club monitors, and B> in the middle of the worst pandemic in 100 years.

Sorry M, but please explain how, by saying you knew someone, using an alias, would they know the vast majority of people's real name? Beyond a handful of posters, everyone's completely anonymous. It's not China!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hope not. Chance of ****ing things up royally for the club after all the work they've done, and everyone else wanting to get back in asap.

Home straight for this ******* thing now....a few more weeks of sticking to the rules should be palatable for all but the hard of thinking

Covid has shown a large % of people completely disregard rules and have little or no consideration for others. I'd imagine some fans used friends or family's IDs to get into the last one and will do again. You hardly have to be a MOSSAD agent to get past football security.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Covid has shown a large % of people completely disregard rules and have little or no consideration for others. I'd imagine some fans used friends or family's IDs to get into the last one and will do again. You hardly have to be a MOSSAD agent to get past football security.

It's a photo ID requirement. Unless it's a decent likeness how exactly do you see this working? As I said in my anecdote (when I thought it was a thread for humour rather than getting irritated...) with old paper ID's you had to memorise some details and your security had their work cut out to check it. Photo ID...look at card...look at face...look at card again...I don't think a steward needs to be MOSSAD training either. :amex:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here